Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Silgrad FPS issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ya i got a big problem with the silgrad tower and need some advice whenever i enter a city or town or a place with alot of stuff my fps BOMBS and i mean it down to 1-4 fps sometimes evin 1 fp5s (frames per 5 seconds) and lower (or higher i dont know the term that well)
im running oblivion on the very lowest setting no distant land and at 800x900 resolurion my computer runs fine at the highest possable for morrowind and not the best at low quality in oblivion but still playable while not in STworld i do run large texture sizes but only because stuff like the silver dragon armor mods are ruined without a large texture size. if there is aneything i can do to run ST and maintaine 10fps i would be very gr8ful ,thanks

<LCF>
Everybody has that. Has something to do with the fact that it is an open city. Can't do anything about it.
Have you tried oldOblivion? 10 FPS is a disaster anyway: less then 15 and you can see very clear that it's not 'fluent'....
old oblivion is unpatched right? because if it is the form ID bug is not a happpy thing to have. lol but how do i get old oblivion reinstalll right?

and i know 10fps is a desaster but i guess that i grew to ignore it
Just look at the million pages of manual the guys at http://www.oldblivion.com/ have....
The cities are open and have much objects. When i open the CS and look or edit at the Saint roris road, I see more than 3000 objects.
Tried streamline? that might help a bit. I think one of the reasons for open cities was the assumption that by the time we're done, everyone'll have upgraded their video cards a couple times, but until everyone does that, FPS issues are an inevitability. It's a completely open city, and it's huge.

I'm just glad i can walk around it without crashing my computer. Oldblivion might help, and if it needs unpatched oblivion, don't worry. I'm pretty sure formID bug was introduced in the earlier SI patch. I haven't seen it, and i don't have any of the SI patches
Tyvm Ev 1 but i know the form id bug is in the unpatched SI because they evin had to patch the xbox 360 version of SI but ill try oldblivion and see if it heps ty again
I always attributed the FPS problems to textures. Both the texture sizes, how many different textures there are, and if parallax is in effect on them. I've had severe FPS problems in the new Reich Parkeep for instance, which uses parallax a lot -- and in many cases needlessly. I've been meaning to look into it when I have the time but so far other things have been above it on my proverbial to-do-list.

I haven't had much FPS problems in Soluthis though, it's only in or near Reich Parkeep.