Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tattoo advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, I have been planning to get a tattoo for some time. I'm the kinda guy who'd get a lot of tattoos, meaningful ones. To me there's something alluring about the heavily tattood tribal man of the old days... anyhow the first tattoo, when I am 18 will be....

[Image: image001.jpg]

It is a Taiwanese aboriginal symbol found amongst the Rukai and Paiwan tribes in the south. It is called the "bibushe" in chinese (hundred-pace snake, a commentary on its deadliness) and is the sacred ancestor animal of the tribe. The sun shines on the snake`s eggs in the clay pot (reredan in Paiwan language), until the little snakes can hatch. It has other significant meanings to me, confidence, friendship, heritage, bravery, etc.
Now my questions... since I want that right on my chest, does it hurt? I figure since I am lean and either bone or muscle, if the needle goes over bone it will hurt like a &!@#%... and what should I look out for? Are there certain places I shouldn't go to? Is cheaper better? Black and white or color, what's more advisable?
I've done a little research but asking people (who have) gotten tattoos is a good idea also. And of course if you guys want to comment on my choice of design thats cool too. Someday I'll have a lot of tattoos, but starting with this.
That's a cool symbol, i think it will make a very nice tattoo :yes:

I can't give you any advice, i don't know anything about tattoos.
Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
That's a cool symbol, I think it will make a very nice tattoo :yes:

I can't give you any advice, I don't know anything about tattoos.
nevertheless thanks for the encouragement Big Grin
:bananarock: praise is always good.... mhmm, hahaha
No advice here as well Sad Just pick a style you want. I mean mixing severalstyles doesn't generally look very good.
yer. if its tribal tatoos then stick to one style for pretty much all of them (personally I'm quite a fan of mauri tattoos, even though I don't have any). Also make sure you go to somewhere that can spell tattoo right Big Grin theres one in my city that gets it wrong. I think i've spellt tattoos wrong as well.

Edd
don't worry... I think I have good taste in tattoos to have continuity in what i have on my body :goodjob:
as for tattoo... for some reason I tend to say "tatoo" Big Grin
Did TOYB go through with getting his tatoo? He might have advice.

Now this is one of the tattoos I can agree with, as it will have meaning pretty much until you die, unlike many people who get skulls or something put all over their back when they're an 80 year old man playing chess in the park with his old friend while watching the grandkids.

And even worse is getting your girlfriend's name tattooed on you then breaking up, and her name is stuck to you forever.
I don't think I would get a tattoo but thats just me, but if it has meaning I don't find it as bad although I don't reccommend getting a bunch.
A bad tatoo would be getting TESIV Oblivion's symbol, the daedric letter O, just in time for TESV (Skyrim)
hmm i also heard that red causes more allergic reactions than any other color... yea?
Pages: 1 2