Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Houses!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Redoran Known as the Redparty are they a communist/military Government?

Hlaalu known as the Yellow party are they a capitalist/monarchy Government?

Telvanni also known as the Brown Party are they a Racist/Facist/Dictator government?

Dres also known as the Grey Party are they a slave owning Confederation type of Government?

Indorial also known as the White party are they a Warrior/Theocracy type of Goverment?

Please any comments are welcome.
I've always interpreted it as:
Redoran - Red - Blood
Hlaalu - Yellow - Gold (as in money)
Telvanni - Brown - Nature (as in soil / treetrunks)
I always thought the same as razorwing, except with telvanni as blue. No political reasons or anything, thats just what I thought.
hlaluu: greed, grand cities

red: insane, tough(whole live in ash storm thing)

telvani: intrigue/espionage, natural

ashlanders: nomads

hicks: hicks!!! :bananarock:
I think Redoran is too tradition-based to be a communist group.

Hlaalu is the one most prone to change, more of a left wing group.

Telvanni is the one that stays out of the greater politics, the one that keeps to itself.

I haven't really much knowledge about Dres or Indoril other than the fact that Dres is adopting Imperial ways (much like Hlaalu, but not to the same extent) and Indoril is a very religious group forming the backbone of the Temple.
Ever heard of the imperial library? You could find some useful information there.
My opinions:
- House hlaalu: most imperial and progressive house. Their codeword is money and trade. However they try to be friendly to everyone (in their face?). They were small, but they have increased in power.
- House redoran: a tradional house with warriors. They value honor and tradition. Especially honor could be their codeword. Their strength is low. They are supporters of the temple and have good ties with house indoril, but redoran doesn't really hate imperials.
- House telvanni: a conservative and a xenophobic house. They don't like outlanders, but outlanders may join house telvanni. Outlanders were mostly slaves. They care about almost nothing. House telvanni is run by some (very) old wizards, but some youngers one could have important positions now. However there is some kind of prgress in the form of invention and study and looking for new knowledge.
They have no good ties with any of the other houses or factions, especially not the mages guild.
- House dres: a conservative house that used to rely on slaves. People of house dres go to the temple. Their economy is based on plantations (and large insects) and was based on slavery. I think that they are the most native of them all. trade is vital for them, but I don't think that they trade much with imperials.
I think that dres has a good relationship with house hlaalu and they used to have a good relationship with house indoril. I'm not sure of house telvanni.
A special detail is that one of the council members is a vampire as described in 'a game at dinner'.
- House indoril: this house comes from the hero indoril nerevar. Their members are (fanatical) temple worshippers and they were the temple biggest supporters. They are also very conservative, nationalistic and tradition based. They rely just like the temple on charity and I think that Almalexia was their patroness. Some of them think that they are better then the rest. Indoril armor is actually also named as ordinator armor. When the imperial domination began, some of them commited suicide as a protest. Their positions were weakened, but they were still strong until the dissapearing of almalexia?
They have only good connetions with house redoran and a bit with house dres, because those 2 houses are traditional and they are temple worshippers. They used to have some fights with house hlaalu, but their biggest enemies are the imperials and their culture and perhaps the ones who defy the temple teaching.
Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
Ever heard of the imperial library? You could find some useful information there.
My opinions:
- House hlaalu: most imperial and progressive house. Their codeword is money and trade. However they try to be friendly to everyone (in their face?). They were small, but they have increased in power.
- House redoran: a tradional house with warriors. They value honor and tradition. Especially honor could be their codeword. Their strength is low. They are supporters of the temple and have good ties with house indoril, but redoran doesn't really hate imperials.
- House telvanni: a conservative and a xenophobic house. They don't like outlanders, but outlanders may join house telvanni. Outlanders were mostly slaves. They care about almost nothing. House telvanni is run by some (very) old wizards, but some youngers one could have important positions now. However there is some kind of prgress in the form of invention and study and looking for new knowledge.
They have no good ties with any of the other houses or factions, especially not the mages guild.
- House dres: a conservative house that used to rely on slaves. People of house dres go to the temple. Their economy is based on plantations (and large insects) and was based on slavery. I think that they are the most native of them all. trade is vital for them, but I don't think that they trade much with imperials.
I think that dres has a good relationship with house hlaalu and they used to have a good relationship with house indoril. I'm not sure of house telvanni.
A special detail is that one of the council members is a vampire as described in 'a game at dinner'.
- House indoril: this house comes from the hero indoril nerevar. Their members are (fanatical) temple worshippers and they were the temple biggest supporters. They are also very conservative, nationalistic and tradition based. They rely just like the temple on charity and I think that Almalexia was their patroness. Some of them think that they are better then the rest. Indoril armor is actually also named as ordinator armor. When the imperial domination began, some of them commited suicide as a protest. Their positions were weakened, but they were still strong until the dissapearing of almalexia?
They have only good connetions with house redoran and a bit with house dres, because those 2 houses are traditional and they are temple worshippers. They used to have some fights with house hlaalu, but their biggest enemies are the imperials and their culture and perhaps the ones who defy the temple teaching.

ok, how about a trekky perspective:

Hlaluu == ferengi (except more powerful)
telvane == Romulons?
redoran == klingons
dres == totaly random cargo cruisers with no real government

Halo (rvb):
indoral == religeous freaks (I poses the blu flag *smack*)
Not all of us are trekkies though. I don't even know what those first two races are.

I think of them in terms of actual races of earth. It's a bit simplified, but you get the gist, unless you never took any history
Redoran = Sparta (need i say more?)
Hlaalu = Portugal (trade-oriented, not military power)
Telvanni = 1600s Japan (isolated and aloof)
Dres = Antebellum south US (very traditional+slaves)
Indoril = Ottoman empire (religious + fanatic janissary warriors)
you are right i guess.

and about you non trek savy people:
romulons: ***holes in green ships that prefer isolationism

ferengei (anyone know how to spell that?): ugly little morons with big ears that always try to rip everyone off.

klingons == sparta

but hey, at least now anyone can understand who each house is.
Im with Seniosh on this one.
"Redoran = Sparta (need I say more?)
Hlaalu = Portugal (trade-oriented, not military power)
Telvanni = 1600s Japan (isolated and aloof)
Dres = Antebellum south US (very traditional+slaves)
Indoril = Ottoman empire (religious + fanatic janissary warriors)"
He probably has the most accurate depiction of the houses