Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Ebbedin Dwemer Ruin Quest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
this is another quest related to the dwemer artifact collector in ebbedin. after the smuggler gets killed or sent to prison, the collector decides to explore on his own. if you check with him a week after the first quest he'll tell you that he had discovered the ruins of the dwemer ruin (name in works). and he'll ask you to go and investigate the ruin for him. he gives you some gold for supplies and a map to where the ruin is. but actually, like the aylied ruin vachtean in cyrodiil, its at the bottom of a large cave system, with some form if inhabitants. after you make it to the cave bottom, you find the entrance the collector found. as you explore further, you soon discover that the collector had found the lost dwemer astrological center, where all the data collected by dwemer scientists and astronomers at the observatories scattered across morrowind. it also contains the 3rd, and final, orrery in tamirel, although this one is in disrepair. as you explore further, you discover scematics, manuals, and parts that might be of use to the explorer. but(im still thinking about this twist) the cave through which you entered has caved in. so you begin looking for another exit. you then find the original entry, but find that on the other side of the door, there is a layer of rocks, but there are dwemer det-packs(anyone remember tribunal?) and blast open the exit, where you find the surface ruins. after you return to the collector, he asks you to give him a day to look over the things you brought to him. when you return, he says that, with some aid from you, and the thing you brought him, he can reactivate the center, and analyze the dwemer astrological data. so you take him to the surface ruins, where he sets up a camp(any ideas on how to do this?). the first day you venture into the ruin with him, you find more det-packs. you take him to the orrery, and he believes that he will take some time to look over the data in the orrery. In the meantime, he asks you to further explore the rest of the site, and find more artifacts, and possibly the interiors of the surface observatories, and deactivate(kill)and dwemer centurions within the ruin. after you run out of det-packs, you go back to the orrery to check on the collector. he informs you that while there is alot of data, he cant interpret over 75% of it. he tells you that he will set up camp inside the orrery, and attempt to activate different systems(lights,etc...) while you go to different cities in the silgrad area(reich parkeep, soluthis, silgrad city,etc...) and find other dwemer scholars to aid him(side-quest?).after you find about 4 scholars to aid him, and about a week later, he has the lights back on, and the orrery reactivated(like the one in the imperial city, and the one in hammerfall, although i havent seen that one), he and two of the scholars have interpreted some of the orrery data, while the other two scholars are working on activating one of the observatories.

well, thats how much ive got so far. any comments or ideas?
I like the idea, very intriguing. :goodjob:

However, I'm unsure about the Dwemer orrery. I think it mentions somewhere in lore that there are only two on Tamriel, but I could be mistaken.

Also, for SACarrow's comment about receivers of contraband going to jail, he's probably right about that. I remember in the Hlaalu questline in TES3 where the player was tasked to deliver raw ebony for a corrupt leader. If the player took the ebony to the authorities, both the Hlaalu noble and the receiver were shipped off.

There might have to be a little editing to accomodate both quests, or alternatively, we could only do one. Since you wrote the quest, perhaps you would like to mod it? There'll have to be some new Dwemer interior tileset pieces, I know.
Maybe write it so the collector can choose to turn Emperor's Evidence? Smile

Steve
Well i think TID's right about there only being 2 orreries, but who says anyone knew about this one? The only thing you have to do to put an orrery in your quest is come up with a good reason for it to exist. Be creative, say it was built on the junction of powerful lay-lines, coursing with astrological significance. Or it points straight at the position of the second moon of nirn during the vernal equinox. You could even say that some rogue Dwemer astrologer built it, and the reason it's never been discovered is that he hid it's existance from his fellow dwemer because he was conducting dangerous experiments.

It could be a good quest, and i think you should mod it yourself if you want to. The only problems are that we don't have an exterior or interior orrery model, and there may have to be modifications to the interior set to make everything fit.

Plus i'm not sure the status of the interior set. Last i heard it needed a bit of re-UV mapping, some new textures, a bit of fixing up. The version i have may be out of date, cause you need to scale everything to 6.8x...
This is a good story

My only question with regard to the Dwemer ruin is where, as far as I know their is no plans to add another dwemer ruin other than Dumac, unless we place a small and very well concealed ruin in the Soluthis' Rocky Region

http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=243

Comments?

Enjoy
Bob
Hmm you know what *might* be feasable? If you were to combine this with Dumac. Have the orrery AT dumac, and this can be one of the numerous exploration/sidequest type things featured after the main quest is completed. Plus, it makes sense that there's an orrery at Dumac.

The one thing is that it'd have to wait for the main ruin and quest to be completed... and it'd need InsanitySorrow's ok, as well as bob's input

That would effectively mean putting it on hold for some time. Otherwise you'll have to ask razorwing or someone if you can put a Dwemer ruin somewhere
I have no problem with it being in Dumac, it does make sense, its a City named after their King it should portray the best of what the Dwemer had

It could be one of the many discoveries, we find in the cave systems

Enjoy
Bob
In fact, this is just the sort of stuff i was really looking for. Dumac is alive, and the investigation of it will be ongoing. You will constantly unearth new and exciting things, prehaps with some help from a few archaeologists who move into the main section when you're done. It also gives us an excuse to release only a partial ruin(at first), with the other stuff being unlocked through quests Big Grin hurrah for being lazy!

I say it would fit quite nicely, especially if RideWithTheWind and/or TID are willing to help with models. One thing though, be sure to make it distinctly original, cause bethesda'd be pissed if it looked like we ripped from their official orrery mod
well, the original idea was that the ruin was going to be where all astrological data gathered by the dwemer was archived for reference, kind of like a library. so the orrery would be about twice as large as the orreries in the imperial city and stros m'kai, and probably more elaborate.
May I remind you that Dumac died at the battle of red mountain after the curse of azura. Perhaps this is just a city called to its king dumac. Unles those dwarves made a grave/mausoleum for every important king.
Pages: 1 2 3