Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [Completed]Veranis Hall, VH-017 Silver Dragon Inn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this claim has been completed by TID 7/31/07

The Silver Dragon Inn is a small and cozy place for the weary traveler

use in_common_p tileset interior for this

2 floors
3 guest rooms total
a registration desk/bar and a room for the owner

Modest decor, yet cozy arrangements for the guests

anything above this is optional

to claim VH-017, please reply to this post

Enjoy
Bob
I can't help but to feel curious as to what modding for TES3: Silgrad Tower is like. I'll claim this. Smile It will help me familarize myself with TES3: Silgrad Tower and it might just give me inspiration.

Just a few questions though, I might have more:

1. Is there an ESM I use? Where can I get it? How do I use ST assets?

2. Where are the guidelines I'd have to follow?

3. What are/is the model(s) used in the exterior? If plural, is there a screenshot of the exterior for reference?

4. Can I make a quest? What are the limits for questing?
Howdy TID

yes you may have this

use silgrad 1-4_3 downloaded from here:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/Vi...il&id=3217

all the resourses you need are included, but if you make some or use others please be sure to include them with your submission.

ID them sltw_(your intials)_(itemname)_XX<(number)< if needed

Guidelines ???? Smile we really don't follow specific guidelines for interiors other than the whats listed in the claim. I have a few general querks and that is not to use texture replacers,(re-texture is ok) and nothing overly colorful, like pink and orange buildings, basically keep it as morrowindy as possible but you may add a flair or two to give it your own personal touch

If theirs a specific purpose for the interior I may request something specific.

but here they are if you wish to see them Smile

Submission Guidelines

For this claim the exterior building is ex_nord_house_02, this will give you an idea for the layout, but because this building is being used as an Inn, the nord house interior wouldn't work...if you want to see the actual building and location you will have to download the Velothi Mountains Mod from Ben Vagara's Site Here:

http://www.freewebs.com/vagara/velothimountains.htm

download the Velothi Mountains 1125bv rar.
but you don't need this to complete this claim

I would need to know what your quest is about, currently we have no npc's, so any quest you make would be limited to the player and the quest giver, but let me know and we can do Smile

Otherwise enjoy and let me know if their is anything else

Enjoy
Diet Bob
I was thinking of a quest where the player will travel across the landscape of Silgrad Tower, and maybe this quest could be implemented in TES4 as well.

black[/hr]

SHADOWJADE

The player meets an old bearded nord in the Silver Dragon Inn in Veranis Hall. He introduces himself as Jarling. Jarling is a friend of a noble who had a valuable gem stolen recently. He asks the player if he/she would be interested in recovering the gem, and if so, he'll give you all the information he has. Once the player finds the gem, he/she is to return to Jarling for his/her reward.

He describes the gem as blue-purple, and it was stolen by the Rothan gang. Although he does not know the whereabouts of the gem, the Rothan gang is famous around Veranis Hall so he suggests asking around.

After a little inquiry, the player will learn that the Rothan gang is centered in a cave far to the East of Silgrad Tower.

The dungeon is two levels deep, but there are no signs of living bandits. The place was abandoned because of the Nix-Hounds that have taken over. In the last room, the player will find a note explaining where the bandits have fled. Their new base of operations is in an abandoned warehouse in Silgrad Tower.

The warehouse is quite large, but pretty straightforward. It is simply a matter of fighting through the Rothan gang and killing its leader, Grethis Rothan. In the top room/office on a desk there's a blue-purple gem called "Shadowjade". The player takes it and returns to Veranis Hall.

Upon entering Veranis Hall, the player is ambushed by a bunch of thugs. One of them takes the gem and teleports away. The player is forced to kill at least two others. The player will have a journal entry telling him/her to consult Jarling. Jarling says the new bandits sound like members of a smuggler ring called the "Eastern Circle". He knows they are centered in a nearby Dwemer ruin, and marks it on the player's map.

The ruin is three levels deep, and in the last room is the leader of the ring, Rampidius Orest. The player takes the gem from his body. Leaving the ruin the player will find Jarling, who takes the gem.

Jarling says the player has done well, retrieving the gem, but the gem won't be going back to its owner in Veranis Hall (Ilema Ondis), but instead to the Khajiit druglord R'nabbi in Silgrad Tower. He says he'll be getting a large finder's fee from R'nabbi (which is what both the Rothan Gang and the Eastern Circle sought). Jarling finally says he'll have to kill the player so he/she won't be able to say what happened to the gem.

The player will kill Jarling to get the Shadowjade, then will have a choice as to what to do with the gem:
1. Return it to Ilema Ondis for 500 Gold and a disposition boost in Veranis Hall
2. Sell it to R'nabbi for 3000 Gold and a disposition drop in Veranis Hall.

If the player takes it to Ilema Ondis, he/she will learn the gem was passed down by generations in her family, starting with a noble thief.

If the player takes it to R'nabbi, he/she learns Shadowjade is a mythical gem that is rumoured to make the holder invisible. However, R'nabbi dismisses this because the player is quite visible. R'nabbi suggests the gem has lost its power over the ages.

If neither returning or selling the gem appeal to the player, the player can just keep the gem for him/herself.

black[/hr]

And there you have it. I attached the ESP with the inn without any quest. If there'll be a quest, I'd like to change Jarling's face to one of Emma's, and recolour one of the Bethesda hairstyles.

EDIT: I attached a screenshot of the exterior for reference. Yes, an addtional chimney might be needed for the exterior. Big Grin
Howdy

The interior is excellent, I will move it to completed, I did find a floating plate but fixed that

I like the quest, we would have plenty of room for another cave system, we just don't have any room in Silgrad City Sad

If you don't mind using an alternate location then it is completely doable, theirs lots of caves avialable in the VM portion of this mod also Karther Dale or Even (provided we can build it quickly) Mount Dibellus has a small community within the walls of the fortress.

If you are willing to accept and alternate location then yes please do it
I'll provide you with the cell locations of the cave and the town

let me know

Thanks Much

Enjoy
Bob