Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Collision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was over at Akavir, and they have a boat model that needs to have collision added to it. Since I dont model, I was wondering if someone could do this for them.
Its a small boat, and I dont think it would be hard, but I dont know.
Thanks
if you've got the .nif file wing it this way and I'll see what I can do (i think i was supposed to be making them a boat...) (I assume its an architecture model like the boats in vanilla?). My collisioning isn't always perfect (havok-wise, but no-one seems to quite understand the magic of NifSkope havok packaging so don't worry about it...)

glad to help,

Edd
It's a small river boat, it's from a website where you can download some free models: http://www.expandingwave.com/

EDIT: click on "smooth catalog" then select "free stuff" then select "next" Wink
Its 3ds, but Im learning 3ds, and I'll see if I can convert it to .nif.
Its not vanilla, its off of a site that does 3D models, and I think it looks cool.
Kodama wanted to get it collisioned.
I'll see what I can do.
Thanks Edd, your a life saver.
looks good. you do want it as static architecture right? havoking should be really easy as its all made of wood - so can be done with one mesh. I use blender though so I need it as a .nif

Nice to know I'm saving lives... I want to be doctor when I'm done with college Tongue

Edd
Yeah, static architecture :yes:

And you really are a life saver, because the only modder who could do the collisions for us can't do any modding work anymore.
A doctor? :eek:
Why not do something like this instead?
Be a graphic designer, or 3D architect.
lol. JK.
Be what you wanna be.
Have fun putting collision on that boat. Big Grin
minor hiccup... I can't use the models on that website as they are .3ds files. If someone could convert them to .nif files I could have the collision ready in no time... but can't do it with .3ds as blender won't open those files.. which doesn't surprise me...

Edd

Also: On page 4 of the free stuff there is a nice little garden bridge that you might want to use.
Yeah, we could use that bridge too :yes:

I suggest you make a post about this in Corthian's wip thread on the Akavir forums, maybe he can convert the model for you.

EDIT: here is a link to Corthian's wip thread: Corthian's work