Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [Completed] Karthor Dale, KRD-009 Zirkon Supply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
this claim has been completed by Exethalion 10/9/07

please see general info on Karthor Dale

Karthor Dale General Info

Zirkon Enakam Supplies all needs, pretty much everything their is to buy Zirkon has it (just like Azarimal) they are bitter rivals and many disputes have ended up with the 2 of them in jail for public fighting

A well stocked store with all sorts of items

His living area (second floor) should be richly decored

anything above this is optional

to claim KRD-009, please reply to this post

Enjoy
Bob
Hrrm, I'll claim this, I'm getting slightly fed up of Common Tilesets *cough*. I'm still working on the small tower, but ran into problems when I accidentally deleted a texture file of the spiral stair (or something similar, I am in the process of reinstalling MW and 200+ mods!).

This decoration is usual hlaalu for shop, and rich for living area yes?
Do it !

Big Grin

Don't worry bout the towers, VH and KRD claims are the primary focus

Enjoy
Bob
Excellent.....

I'm getting my exam results tommorow so I'll get more time for slave labour *cough*, sorry I meant modding, in due course.

Aaaaaaaaand the towers are on hold. :bananarock:
Very Good, hope you did well,

yes towers hold

Thanks

Enjoy
Diet Bob
Bob, is Zirkon a dunmer? I am creating some things to add a little background and personality to the shop, orientated around Dunmer lifestyle.

Thanks! :bananarock: :banana: :bananarock:
Zirkon should be Dunmer, though the name does not imply it. Make him/her Dunmer and I'll play around with the name and see if we can fit it

Thanks

Enjoy
Bob
A question about the way the shop works.

I remember you discussing some script which would allow a player to take a shelved item and pay for it on the way out, or something similar. I didn't know if you were going to implement it here, so I whipped up some method quick, I haven't made a shop before, so correct me if I am totally clueless.

Many items are on display in the store. Because the store feels emptier if shelf items start disappearing upon purchase, and also beacuse I dont want PCs stealing stuff with no punishment, I have set every single display item to the ownership of the GUARD in the store, rather than Zirkon himself. Every item on display is duplicated either once, multiple or even an infinite number of times in the locked chest behind the counter. This chest is owned by Zirkon, so the PC would browse the shelves, then purchase the item from zirkon, without touching the display item. If a display item is taken, it is the guard, not zirkon who will be alerted. I see no way around this.

This way, the full range of products are available without the change in appearance of the shelves.

The items in zirkon's quarters however, I do not know what to do with. Because of irkon's status as a full blown trader, if any of his personal belongings are owned by him, he will sell them. I do not want Zirkon's room to be a free-for-all looting parlour for expensive furnishings.

The only solutions I see are to lock the doors to upstairs with a high lock, or place a second guard in his room.

:bananarock:
Howdy

No we have not implimented anything yet with regards to selling items

I think the way you have done this should work out just fine

With regard to ownership of Zirkons personal possesions, identify Zirkon as a member of the traders guild and associate his belongings to the guild rather than to him directly... its worth a try and might work out for other stores

The other option is to make all of Zirkons belongings as "no_pickup", this of course would be more labor intensive as you would have to make an ID for each object used

let me know how it works out

Enjoy
Bob
Yes, better believe it, KRD-009 is completed!
:jump: :banana:

In response to your message Bob, I decided to stay up all tonight and finish it. Sincere apologies for keeping you and Karthor Dale waiting. Let me know what you think.
Pages: 1 2