Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis' Rocky Region: Area Claim #08 [Old]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, can I claim this one, too? I accidentally went into this little plot by accident, making a Velothi tomb... I gotta go put up a claim, in that case, do I do that when I'm done?
Quote:Originally posted by ruphies
Hey, can I claim this one, too? I accidentally went into this little plot by accident, making a Velothi tomb... I gotta go put up a claim, in that case, do I do that when I'm done?

Sure, no problem Smile

Hmm *thinks* Ordinarily I would probably think it best to wait until the area is merged, so that modders interested in picking up the claim can skope out the entrance to their would-be claim by looking it up in the esm. But we don't have any open claims for Velothi tombs at all at the moment, and it would be really nice to have another for the next release. So please go ahead and post the claim (by making a new thread on the Dungeon board and writing a bit about it) Smile
Alright, but should I post the .esp first? Or do they just make a plugin with the interior cell, and it gets merged later?
Sorry, about my total newness to this... Big Grin
Alright, but should I post the .esp first? Or do they just make a plugin with the interior cell, and it gets merged later?
Sorry, about my total newness to this... Big Grin

Nope, the modder would make the tomb based off on the current esm alone. If the modder completes the tomb before you complete your exterior work, please update your esm and then hook up his first interior cell to the door you set up in your area. If you complete your exterior work before he does, he should update his esm and then hook up his first interior cell to the door in your area.

No worries, we love enthusiastic newbies around here. I wish we had more of them Smile
Though, I have one big question: What is Silgrad's actual purpose? Is it to bring morrowind back to oblivion, or all of tamriel to oblivion, and morrowind? I've seen a few big mods like this, so I just got confused. (most didn't get very far)

Oh, one more thing. Could we have a longer sound file for the speech of the NPC's? It gives yyou roughly 2 seconds, and that's hardly enough to establish what I had to do. (Dunno if you fixed this with the newer update)
Though, I have one big question: What is Silgrad's actual purpose? Is it to bring Morrowind back to oblivion, or all of Tamriel to oblivion, and morrowind? I've seen a few big mods like this, so I just got confused. (most didn't get very far)

The Silgrad Tower team aims to mod a part of the Morrowind Province's mainland, situated west of where Vvardenfell would be. Sortof like if took a map of Tamriel and cut out a part of it; we're modding the cut-out part and then we let the player imagine the rest of the world is there, just that he can't visit it because it's cut off by natural borders. Our scope is to mod just that part, which I think is still ambitious since we use a much smaller scale than Cyrodiil. Since you won't find for instance Telvanni, Indoril or Ashlanders living on the part of the map we're modding we've never prioritized creating models for those cultures.

There are other mod teams on these forums working on creating other parts of Tamriel than we are, but we cooperate with them rather than them being part of us.[/quote]

Oh, one more thing. Could we have a longer sound file for the speech of the NPC's? It gives yyou roughly 2 seconds, and that's hardly enough to establish what I had to do. (Dunno if you fixed this with the newer update)

Not sure what you mean, but if you write dialogue lines without recording voice work for the lines they'll disappear from the screen very fast. It's not a good thing, but I don't personally see it as a bug either because I don't think we should require modders to own audio recording devices.
Well, what you use is a silent audio file, and use that for the speech, right now it disapears very fast, and it's very hard to get info from it.
Well, what you use is a silent audio file, and use that for the speech, right now it disapears very fast, and it's very hard to get info from it.
It will be included in the next public release (v3.00).

As suggested by WhiteWizard you can just hit the escape button on the keyboard during dialogue, and you should be able to read it then.
I used the TES4 PU/Gecko to generate silent audio files for Silgrad_Tower.esm. If you do that, the text will stay much longer. The downside? It would probably overwrite anything else already there in the folder for Silgrad's voices, so keep a backup of Silgrad's voice files then move them after the generation process is complete.

Of course, I haven't heard of many other people doing this, but if you're careful, this should work fine.
Any update?

royalblue[/hr]

[mod=TheImperialDragon]Modder has been inactive for over a full month. Claim is reopened, if the claim is still open and you (ruphies) still wish to mod it, you may post in the open claim thread on the Landscape Claims board.[/mod]