Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: When Strolling Through The Ashlands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[1ST]W[/1ST]hen Strolling Through The Ashlands
by Vasesius Cadiusus
Edited by Relamus Veloth

"This is your fault, Vasesius! We are walking through this damned land covered with ash wiithout water, food or anything else that would sustain us for the coming days!"

"We'll survive, we always do Bertrand." I replied.

We were walking through the ashlands of the island of Vvardenfell, we meaning me, Vasesius Cadiusus, and my friend Bertrand Liric. It was a rather funny story how we came to be like this, robbed of everything that would keep us alive in these desolate wastelands.

"Jeeez! Look, B! Look!" I screamed hysterically.

"A Zainab hunting crew! We must be close to the Grazelands!"

"Heeeee! Guys, here, look!"

The Zainabs took us to their camp where we got our first meal since our unfortunate 'accident'.

"Sir, what happened to you?" A small Dunmer boy was pulling my sleeve while I was eating.

"Er, that's a long story. Do you have a while?" I replied, too tired to utter another sentence.

"Please sir, we would really like to know!" Behind the boy was a band of kids looking at me with a gaze that made me feel very guilty, the Zainabs did feed us, after all. The least we could do was tell our story.

'I'm Associate Vasesius Cadiusus of the Vvardenfell Mages Guild, I joined the Guild when I fled Morrowind's mainland after an... eh... unfortunate gambling incident. I soon concluded my talents for the arcane were more than lacking, and it was soon decided by the Mages to make me a guard, since I had a quite impressive ability to wield a sword.

'This mess all started three weeks ago, when my Breton friend Bertrand accepted a mission from the Balmora Mages Guild to track down this vampirehunter and put this guy on fire.

'You might ask why, well, that's a funny story too. This vamphunter is sort of an ex-vamphunter, actually he's ex-living too. He was bitten by a vamp of the Quarra clan. Poor guy.

'We were dispatched to this unliving idiot because he had been harassing the peasants situated at the border of the Grazelands. Maybe you've heard of him? Tedyn Sethri?

'Anyway, we traveled to Ghostgate and from there to the Maela Egg Mine, for we had heard Sethri was there. Well, let's just say this wasn't some animal. He was smart. He had minions.

'When we came in, into the 'throneroom' as he called it, we suddenly found ourselves surrounded. And into a very evil dialogue.'

'Well, we fought, clawed, pulled hair and eventually failed to win. Then came a large group of dunmer mercenaries, bent on the reward offered by the peasants of the area. Point is, these merc's aren't very morally right. They took our clothes, our money and anything that remotely looks valuable. In short, they took everything.

'That's how your tribesmen found us, strolling through the ashlands.'
I finished it.....
I thought it was an interesting story but the way it relies in full on a conversation-based format seems wrong for an in-game book. You don't usually lead a reader directly into a conversation when he opens a book. One way to solve it is to add a descriptive first paragraph - such as [This looks like a page torn from an unknown book] - but usually I think it's best to write it in normal book format, meaning to intersperse the dialogue with description of the location (especially at the start), the characteres, their feelings and so on.
[1ST]W[/1ST]hen Strolling Through The Ashlands
by Vasesius Cadiusus
Edited by Relamus Veloth

"This is your fault, Vasesius! We are walking through this damned land covered with ash without water, food or anything else that would sustain us for the coming days!"

"We'll survive, we always do Bertrand." I replied.

We were walking through the ashlands of the island of Vvardenfell, we meaning me, Vasesius Cadiusus, and my friend Bertrand Liric. It was a rather funny story how we came to be like this, robbed of everything that would keep us alive in these desolate wastelands.

"Jeeez! Look, B! Look!" I screamed hysterically.

"A Zainab hunting crew! We must be close to the Grazelands!"

"Heeeee! Guys, here, look!"

The Zainabs took us to their camp where we got our first meal since our unfortunate 'accident'.

"Sir, what happened to you?" A small Dunmer boy was pulling my sleeve while I was eating.

"Er, that's a long story. Do you have a while?" I replied, too tired to utter another sentence.

"Please sir, we would really like to know!" Behind the boy was a band of kids looking at me with a gaze that made me feel very guilty, the Zainabs did feed us, after all. The least we could do was tell our story.

'I'm Associate Vasesius Cadiusus of the Vvardenfell Mages Guild, I joined the Guild when I fled Morrowind's mainland after an... eh... unfortunate gambling incident. I soon concluded my talents for the arcane were more than lacking, and it was soon decided by the Mages to make me a guard, since I had a quite impressive ability to wield a sword.

'This mess all started three weeks ago, when my Breton friend Bertrand accepted a mission from the Balmora Mages Guild to track down this vampire hunter and put this guy on fire.

'You might ask why, well, that's a funny story too. This vamp hunter is sort of an ex-vamp hunter, actually he's ex-living too. He was bitten by a vamp of the Quarra clan. Poor guy.

'We were dispatched to this unliving idiot because he had been harassing the peasants situated at the border of the Grazelands. Maybe you've heard of him? Tedyn Sethri?

'Anyway, we traveled to Ghostgate and from there to the Maela Egg Mine, for we had heard Sethri was there. Well, let's just say this wasn't some animal. He was smart. He had minions.

'When we came in, into the 'throne room' as he called it, we suddenly found ourselves surrounded. And into a very evil dialogue.'

'Well, we fought, clawed, pulled hair and eventually failed to win. Then came a large group of Dunmer mercenaries, bent on the reward offered by the peasants of the area. Point is, these merc's aren't very morally right. They took our clothes, our money and anything that remotely looks valuable. In short, they took everything.

'That's how your tribesmen found us, strolling through the ashlands.'

---

With fixed spelling
Done. I have added a brief publisher's preface as Razorwing suggested, explaining that it is part of a longer unpublished work.