Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Good Techno Bands?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone recommend some good techno groups to me? I've been searching around for the top rated groups on iTunes, but they all seem to be really spacey/quiet/new-ageish-- what I'm looking for real fast catchy stuff-- similar to Darude, though less pumping/beatish sounding and more synthesizer action-- kind of like the more techno-sounding stuff by Hellogoodbye or Ozma.
I believe such things have their own sub-genre.

These days, everything does...
Man I got no clue what exactly the difference between techno, trance, electronic and dance is Tongue Any I always like the old Jean Michel Jarre.
I'd call it techno, but my iTunes disagrees and calls it electronica. Ugh. Anyway, the band i'm talking about is The Crystal Method. Vegas was their best album, imo. Community Service 1 and 2 is more of a trance, and tweekend and london are a techno/rock. The electronica albums are Vegas and Nike Original Run.

>_>

Just reviewing their albums...
Techno I dunno. Trace

Look for Theory of Trance. Guy I listened to back in 02, has free music on his site... It's not bad imo
well not necessarily techno Id say Mindless self indulgences Albums are like and insane mix of rock and techno and Rap with lots of out there lyrics and personality to almost all of their songs which are hilariously quirky and Here listen to some examples if you want
I've always liked Paul Oakenfold.
Roni Size and Photek if you like D 'n' B.
Photek did some nice remixes for nine inch nails :yes: