Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Clan War
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found in the private collection of Temlis Sergathen, this is the only copy of the "Clan War" in existance. Written by Dormino Sergathen in 3E 63 it is based on the ancient records of the vampire Korthen (Born: 1E 263, Died: 2E 609). Korathen was killed by Dormino's ancestor Gilwaren Sergathen in 2E 609 when the vampire foolishly mistook Gilwaren for a helpless peasant. On his person was an old scroll, an account of the Clan War written in the blood of his victims.

The document was written in the old vampire language and was thus unreadable to mortals until 2E 712 when a mortal by the name Klithos was taught how to read and write in the language of the vampires when he saved a vampires life (accidentally). He then began teaching others how to read in the vampire language, however most people wanted nothing to do with the vile language. The language was eventually taught to Morden Sergathen in 2E 754 who knew of the ancient scroll found by his great-grandfather over a century ago. Morden taught the language to his sons and they to theirs and so on and so fourth until it reached Dormino Sergathen who decided to write a translated history of the Clan Wars in his own words.

However shortly after he completed the book, he died. His son Remus Sergathen decided to keep it sealed away with the original documents. This resulted in the book never being published and passing down from generation to generation until it reached Dormino's current living decendant, Temlis Sergathen.
---------------------------------------------
The Clan War
The secret war of the vampires
By Dormino Sergathen
1E 842 - 1E 851

All in Tamriel know of the Vampires but few know of their war. I like my father before me and his father before him have kept the ancient records of the vampire Korthen who lived and faught in the war with his clan. Korthen's records speak of a vampiric poison known only as dark blood. What dark blood is exactly no one can say. Some in my family have claimed it to be an ancient weapon against the vampires, others that it was simply a common poison used by assassins in the day to slowly kill their mortal victims.

Tirdas, 12th Second Seed, 1E 842:

On this day of the second seed the clans of Morrowind met. The leaders of the Aundae clan, the Berne clan and the Quarra clan had sat down to discuss the recent emergence of several renegade vampires stalking on their respective territories. As was the custom, each clan leader was offered a chalice of the freshest blood to dine on. After drinking their fill the meeting went on. For almost an hour neither clan could come to any agreement, the age old rivalries between them was an ever constant barrier.

After their eighth helping of blood each vampire began to show signs that not all was right. Not to long afterwards all three fell down dead. When it was discovered that their beverages had been tainted with dark blood the 'donor' of said blood was examined and proven to have been poisoned when he'd arrived the previous day. It was now a case of finding his previous master.

Lordas, 16th Second Seed 1E 842:

Mee-Eil, the second in command of the Bonsamu clan was accused of the murders, her clan denied the accusations however none would hear of it, Mee-Eil was due to be judged in three days time. She however never lived to see the second day having been killed in her cell in retribution against the murder of Selos, the leader of the Keerilth clan.

The murders of Mee-Eil and the three clan leaders marked the first fatalities of the first clan war.

Morndas, 25th Second Seed 1E 842:

The Bonsamu clan along with the Volkihar clan attacked and killed an entire nest of vampires from the Aundae clan. It was even to this day one of the bloodiest vampire massacre in history.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[EDIT]

A slightly edited update. I've replaced the clan names with their proper names and a more in depth account of the first day.
I really like this Smile good style, good spelling - love it :yes:
Found in the private collection of Temlis Sergathen, this is the only copy of the "Clan War" in existence. Written by Dormino Sergathen in 3E 63 it is based on the ancient records of the vampire Korthen (Born: 1E 263, Died: 2E 609). Korathen was killed by Dormino's ancestor Gilwaren Sergathen in 2E 609 when the vampire foolishly mistook Gilwaren for a helpless peasant. On his person was an old scroll, an account of the Clan War written in the blood of his victims.

The document was written in the old vampire language and was thus unreadable to mortals until 2E 712 when a mortal by the name Klithos was taught how to read and write in the language of the vampires when he saved a vampires life (accidentally). He then began teaching others how to read in the vampire language, however most people wanted nothing to do with the vile language. The language was eventually taught to Morden Sergathen in 2E 754 who knew of the ancient scroll found by his great-grandfather over a century ago. Morden taught the language to his sons and they to theirs and so on and so fourth until it reached Dormino Sergathen who decided to write a translated history of the Clan Wars in his own words.

However shortly after he completed the book, he died. His son Remus Sergathen decided to keep it sealed away with the original documents. This resulted in the book never being published and passing down from generation to generation until it reached Dormino's current living descendant, Temlis Sergathen.
---------------------------------------------
The Clan War
The secret war of the vampires
By Dormino Sergathen
1E 842 - 1E 851

All in Tamriel know of the Vampires but few know of their war. I like my father before me and his father before him have kept the ancient records of the vampire Korthen who lived and fought in the war with his clan. Korthen's records speak of a vampiric poison known only as dark blood. What dark blood is exactly no one can say. Some in my family have claimed it to be an ancient weapon against the vampires, others that it was simply a common poison used by assassins in the day to slowly kill their mortal victims.

Tirdas, 12th Second Seed, 1E 842:

On this day of the second seed the clans of Morrowind met. The leaders of the Aundae clan, the Berne clan and the Quarra clan had sat down to discuss the recent emergence of several renegade vampires stalking on their respective territories. As was the custom, each clan leader was offered a chalice of the freshest blood to dine on. After drinking their fill the meeting went on. For almost an hour neither clan could come to any agreement, the age old rivalries between them was an ever constant barrier.

After their eighth helping of blood each vampire began to show signs that not all was right. Not to long afterwards all three fell down dead. When it was discovered that their beverages had been tainted with dark blood the 'donor' of said blood was examined and proven to have been poisoned when he'd arrived the previous day. It was now a case of finding his previous master.

Loredas, 16th Second Seed 1E 842:

Mee-Eil, the second in command of the Bonsamu clan was accused of the murders, her clan denied the accusations however none would hear of it, Mee-Eil was due to be judged in three days time. She however never lived to see the second day having been killed in her cell in retribution against the murder of Selos, the leader of the Keerilth clan.

The murders of Mee-Eil and the three clan leaders marked the first fatalities of the first clan war.

Morndas, 25th Second Seed 1E 842:

The Bonsamu clan along with the Volkihar clan attacked and killed an entire nest of vampires from the Aundae clan. It was even to this day one of the bloodiest vampire massacre in history.

---

With fixed spelling.
Looks unfinished. Could be a good starting-point for somebody else's work, but unless the writer comes back and continues, I think there is too little here to justify putting it in-game.