Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tornado here Yesterday Morning!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There was a tornado here, right in the heart of New York City. There were these really crazy thunderstorms rolling through, but there was a break of around 5 minutes between the two. That's when the tornado struck. Trees were ripped off whole in the middle of the city :eek:

It happened in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Bay Ridge is my community, and the tornado happened just about a mile away, at 6-7AM yesterday morning. It was a F2, with winds at 125 MPH.
Yeah, I heard aobut that this morning.
Hope your all right! :yes:
Its not a big deal where I live, cause we get tehm all the time, but it is in New York.
Freaky weather is happening all over the world. It can be really scary if you aren't used to it. I hope everyone is ok there.
One woman died, but that was noit related to the tornado. Yeah, it is weird. We get tornadoes here once every nine years, and usually it's a F0 or F1. Now, an F2... :eek:
Glad to hear you are okay. I never hear of tornado hitting New York before. 0_o Freaky weather is happening here, too, only this time, with rain instead of earthquakes and typhoon. August is always hot and humid here, but I don't remember it raining this much.
Oklahoma is used to getting Tornados, but earlier this month it rained 21 days straight, and it flooded everything out.
Thats not too bad for people who live where it rains alot, but in Oklahoma no one has flood insurance, so it was bad.
An F2 tornado is a big deal in NYC. :eek:
Our weather around the world is just flipping out right now, its weird
WOW! :pop: Rolleyes

(I can't think of anything else to say, i'm just too damn tired from travelling) Wink
We have had drought here, and then major flash flooding ("of historical proportions") in south eastern Minnesota and south western Wisconsin. Whole towns have reportedly gotten washed away by the flash floods.
Wow! Things are really out of controll.
I guess I can call myself lucky. We don't have such weather "escitements" around here. At least at my location. There was a tornado attack (what is really rare thing at my country) at the sounthern area of my country. People were shocked - wasted buildings and such.