Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [Stuff] Various Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This includes scripts, models and objects done in response to various requests by Diet Bob. Here are the requests that I tried to deal with:

- New left and right stairs w/o the trim so they work with the Hlaalu pillars,
- The altar and corpse rotation script,
- Stuff necessary to do the Mara blessing script,
- Model and icon for a leaf with a static and a misc in the ESP,
- That old curved bridge corner model I did last year.

Examples of all of this may be seen in the included ESP in the renamed cell aaaTestSACarrow.

Minor comments on the rotation script:

- The altar mesh will have to be swapped for yours,
- Right now, activating the altar the first time causes both corpse and altar to rotate 90 degrees in ~9 seconds, while subsequent ones do nothing. I used the Dwemer stone door sound.

Major comments on the blessing thing:

- I used the bowl as an activator rather than a container. The PC on activation is asked if he wants to donate 10, 100, 1000 or nothing based on his current gold. Based on that donation, he gets a 10-, 15-, or 20-point bump in willpower for the next 24 game hours; also he cannot make any more donations until (roughly) that bump expires. Also on donation, one of the three disabled piles of cursed gold on the altar is enabled and stays enabled until the bump expires or the PC tries to heist it. Upon the heist:
o That pile is disabled,
o The correct amount of gold is added to the PC,
o The PC gets a nasty message and 3 seconds to read it,
o Then he/she makes the acquaintance of a Skeleton Champion Smile.

Notes about setting this up:
o You'll need the bowl and all 3 piles of gold set up on the altar. Don't worry about whether the gold is disabled; the script handles that.
o If you want to do this on any additional altars, you'll need the duplicate the bowl, all three piles of gold, and the bowl donate script; the gold scripts should be OK. The changes in the bowl script all relate to making sure the right piles of gold are referenced.

Boy this is long,
Steve
WOW

This is like a christmas present

You've been busy

I will check them out immediately Smile

Thanks Mucho

Enjoy
Bob

EDIT: I checked it all in game

Everything looked good everything worked as it should with one exception

The Tomb Rotation, when I entered the cell it was perfect, it rotated perfect after I checked everything else I shut the game down.
I reopened and reloaded the game and went back into the cell and found the remains on the altar but 90 deg offset, I checked everything else again and it all worked

see screeny Smile

Enjoy
Bob
I think the rotation is fixed. Apparently when rotating it works better to have each object rotate itself with an attached script, so I added one to the corpse. I also included a slightly altered open stair model with non-blacked-out tree rings; on the old one, look at the back top part of the model.

Later,
Steve
Thats it !!!

All of it works great, this will be a nice addition

Thanks Mucho

Enjoy
Bob
Another request I would ask is 2 thingys

#1 a cobblers box, nothing fancy just a wooden box with the little shoe thing on it, like the old shoe shine boxes

#2 a script that we can attach to a variety of shoes, which will display a message box after (roughly 5 game days) the message box would say "your shoes are worn and in need of repair" Of course it would need to activate once the shoes are put on, not just when in inventory (is that recognizable?)

Let me know

Thanks
Bob
Sorry for budging in, but I'd like to know whether there exists a spiral stair model without the landing section on every model as there is currently, because the tower exterior clearly is round without those square extensions.

Thanks.
Which exterior would a Hlaalu spiral staircase interior match?

Steve
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Which exterior would a Hlaalu spiral staircase interior match?

Steve

I may be wrong but I think Exethalion is reffering toi the imperial spiral staircase, I agree with what he is saying, it would be nice to have just the stairs without the landings

ID: in_impsmall_spiral_01

Enjoy
Bob
I need a feel for what you're asking, maybe in a concept drawing. Spatial visualization comes not at all to me; I'd need to see how the request would fit into existing pieces before i'd have a prayer of modelling it.

Yeah, that air traffic controller thing required that too (sorry about those planes),
Steve