Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: New here, let's find me a job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I just completed my first decent-sized oblivion mod (a pack of retextured armor sets) and decided that it would be best to find a team to join or help out with. I've decided to come here because of the sheer scale of the project, and because of the fact that I never played morrowind.

That being said, does anyone have any recommendations as to where I should start and what I should work on? I can texture, although I prefer altering/enhancing to doing things from scratch, and I have a microphone that I could possibly use for voice acting. Oh, and I have CS and know just enough about using it to get by.
Welcome blueshift!

This thread contains all of the textures that currently need to be done or be recreated. Most of them are just recreate/ enchant
Welcome aboard Blue Shift, glad to have you with us!

Remakes of a few old textures like kingevil mentioned would be great. Voice acting would be too, but the area where there's the most work to be done is pure hardcore modding; homes, caves, tombs, or exterior (landscape) work. Any chance you'd be interested in that? Could be a chance to beef up your skill in the Construction Set. Learning more as you go along, I mean. If you run into a problem just post up the question and someone will surely answer it.

We've organized the house claims by city. There's a lot of them in Soluthis and quite a few in Silgrad Tower (the city). There's not many claims for caves and tombs but then again you don't really need claims for them; one can start working on putting together one and then as it nears completion decided where the entrance to it will be on our landmass.

There's a few region claims open, but you kinda need to be an expert in the CS to take on one of them since it involves the region editor, generating objects, and so on. But there's a lot of landscape claims around Soluthis open for modders. Landscape claims are basically an alotted number of cells that have generated content on them, and the modder's job is to make the area look interesting. You don't need to know a lot about the CS to do one of those, just how to position objects in the world (and preferrably a knack for what looks good).

If anything sounds interesting let me know and I can get specific =)
Hmm... I've applied to retexture the old dunmer stuff that someone said needed work, but if that's taken then I could try a landscape claim or something.
Speaking of textures. Just the other day I wished we had a better set of cherry wood textures than we do at the moment. They're not bad in themselves but they're just too dark, so dark that it's hard to make out that there's a texture there and not black paint. Is that something you'd like to have a go at, Blue Shift?

If so, the cherry wood textures should look smooth and elegant since they're used for upperclass furniture. They should be sortof dark, but you should still be able to clearly make out that it's wood. You can download a copy of the original TES3 textures -here-. Tx_wood_cherryfaded.tga and Tx_wood_cherryplanks.tga aren't terribly important, though I would imagine the former would be easy to make since it's just a dulled version of Tx_wood_cherry.tga (probably for outdoor purposes).
My plate is a bit full at the moment, but I may have time to give it a try sometime soon.
Kk Smile