Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: And it begins.....again.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well, summer vacation has run it's course. This is my last night, and I start school again tomorrow. Yay.....

So, I'm not going to be able to linger around here with no life all day anymore Tongue Maybe I can sneak in visits during study hall.

And for the rest of you starting school again soon, good luck to you.
My opinion on the matter.

No more spending 8 hours on the PC/ watching the big lebowski. ;(
Quote:Originally posted by kingevil
My opinion on the matter.

No more spending 8 hours on the PC/ watching the big lebowski. ;(

Awesome Movie btw lol

One of my favs
It is Smile
As my last year at school I did a personal senoir prank, though it was more just proving a point, I did it in the name of the senoir prank anyway. I wrote a sophisticated response to why school sucks in terms I though were inargueable and posted fifty copies of this one page essay all over the school. Here it is:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What’s Wrong with school and why

1. Busy Work: Also known as Lamework in the Blaze, Busywork is when an assignment is given that has a connection to the class, but does not require any intelligence whatsoever to complete. It only wastes the student’s time and nothing is learned from the assignment. Busywork is a sign of a teacher’s incapacity to teach their class, and is used to keep the class occupied anyways. Teacher’s already give out more than enough homework, especially with seniors and the culminating project. Busywork hinders the learning process by cramming unnecessary amounts of work into the same amount of time to do it, creating less efficient efforts to complete them.

2. Too General: The goal is to teach everyone a little bit of everything so we can be anything. But most everyone is naturally skilled or likes to do specific things. If school were completely elective based, students would graduate being very intelligent in their field rather than getting parts of a messy education. If you ask any random adult what they remember from high school it would be very little or nothing, because the majority of students don’t become historians or famous poets, and don’t need the excess classes. A graduate would have a much more successful chance of getting hired for an important job in their future if they knew what they had to know to do it rather than having to pay through years of college just to get a start on it.

3. Early Mornings: It has been repeatedly proven that students getting up and going to school to learn as early as they do causes students to learn less. This is the exact opposite of what school is supposed to promote but is done anyway. The two most common excuses for this logic are to leave room for after school activities, and to get used to future work hours. Neither of these excuses are acceptable. After school activities are an option, not a requirement. Secondly is the argument of getting us use to work hours. This is just ridiculous considering that job hours range all around the clock; earlier classes could not possibly ready anyone for a night job. Readjusting the schedule is a simple and obvious solution that should have been implemented years ago.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

On a funnier note, I hid these under my coat, in one hand the fifty posters and the other a bag of tacks, and every so often during passing time(Yes, right in front of everybody!) I wiped them out and nailed em to the wall in a second.

I expected to get caught, I even planned a speech I'd give my captor, but they never did! It was one of the most awesome times in my life watching students crowd around them to read, then the next day seeing the principal scrambling to tear em down. (took em a week to find em all.)
haha classic Dephenistrator! Big Grin
the school year is almost done for me. Its almost summer here! Big Grin
thats just ridiculous i've still got a whole term Sad silly england (the longest term as well, 15 weeks :/ with only a 3 day break in the middle Sad)

Edd
Oh man, that sucks.... :|

I feel sorry for you....
I agree, thank god i dont live there...
My friend wants to go to england because she thinks that dentists will make more there since...well yeah...a bit off topic i know sorry...
Hahe, I could use a dentist,I grind my teeth in my sleep and it tears em apart over the years.

Anyway, to stay on subject, I heard the schools are worst in Japan. They gotta go all year, no vacations! There tests are hard and there are no retakes. If you screw up any major test at the end of highschool your doomed an unintelligent job the rest of your life. :no:

They also gotta learn a bunch of random American stuff too like all of our presidents(Which I sure don't know all of them.).
Pages: 1 2 3 4