Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis' Rocky Region: Area Claim #09 [OLD]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why not. I'll take a go at it while I have nothing to do for quite a while.

The claim naming part just still confuses me a bit, and I might need a little help with pathgrids.

And just a bit off topic, is there even a name for this region or is it just called Soluthis' Rocky Region?

Edit: One more thing:

I was gonna go check out the area in the CS, and there were several missing object and poorly rigged object warnings. So I started from Soluthis and moved north to try and find the area, and I saw this weird issue (picture below) I got closer and noticed it was a guard, and when I angled the render view differently to get a better look at it, my CS crashed on me, so I don't have the closeup picture.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has this issue, or if it's only in the public version.

Oh here's another one too. I went to one of the cells I'm supposed to do, and check out what happened there. Something is wrong with my version of ST (The first picture is still attatched below)

[Image: th_Untitled-134copy.jpg]
I used the CS 1.2.0.404.
I assume you used v2.22/v2.23 of the esm.

Cell -8,46 is fine.
I have no problem with the mine cart.

Your picture shows a problem near Northaven -15,45.

I checked with SI in-game and there were no problems.
SI shows model problems in-game as well.

Did you install everything in a correct manner?
From what I saw on the screenshot you made from the CS, you're using an older version of the assets.
Install the latest version.
Everything's fine now, I had the wrong version installed. I just remembered I need the old ESM though, do I need to reinstall?
Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Everything's fine now, I had the wrong version installed. I just remembered I need the old ESM though, do I need to reinstall?
No just keep a copy of the latest esm.
No, the old Oblivion ESM. Do I need to reinstall to get that?
Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
No, the old Oblivion ESM. Do I need to reinstall to get that?
Yes.
Good luck IATE, I hope you'll have fun! I'm glad the asset update problem worked out. It's good to have when working on these claims because the area looks completely different due to the new land textures (which I think are closer to the original West Gash textures than Qarl's were).

To answer your question about claim naming, it's actually pretty simple but I may have laid it out as being more complex than it really is. If you want to place an entrance to a location - a cave, a tomb, or so on - ID the exterior cell the entrance is on "SoluthisLoc###" where ### is an arbitrary, three-digit number of your choosing. Or in other words pick three numbers at random.

If you want to mod the location yourself, give the first level the ID "SoluthisLoc###lvl1", the second cell "SoluthisLoc###lvl2" and so on. If you don't want to mod the location yourself then you don't have to worry about ID'ing any interior cells. When your work is being merged to the esm the ID of the arbitrary number should be changed so that it's incremental over the last claim number.

Pathgrids are very easy to make, just connect the dots where you want creatures to move. Think of the tetrahedrons as squares on a chess board and creatures as chess pieces. The pieces can't move without a checkerboard dictating where they can go. But if you don't want to make them then I think you can get around that problem by just not adding any creatures to your area.

To answer your question about the region; It's part of the overall Reich Parkeep Region but I couldn't come up with a synonym for parts of the overall region like "Soluthis Rocky ..." is. I had already used the term "area" for the gridded squares, and "district" sounded too city-like.
Gah, sorry, I'm gonna have to drop this. I've been trying to work out the no SI dependancy and every time I try something it breaks my game or my CS.
Gecko has a button for that, yes?
What's Gecko?
Pages: 1 2