Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: TESSource becomes TESDB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ok, so the name of TESSource has changed to TESDatabase. The site has also been renamed to tesdb.net. Here's the BSF thread.

So, just make sure that links to mods are still working wherever they are.
Thanks for the news :goodjob:
Thanks for the update. I went over to gamefaqs and posted the information about the thread and the new url in the oblivion useful links thread. Although when I checked the actual site, it said it was temporarily down due to legal issues.
Dark0ne's ex-partner, who he co-owned TESSource with and was the reason for the name change, has taken down TESDB without Dark0ne's consent, and now Dark0ne is working on getting everything back. He says he can make the new site over again because he has a backup, however all uploaded images will be lost. So if you have mods on TESSource, you're gonna need to re-upload your mod images.
Sounds like they have a lot of problems.
I hope it gets resolved soon. That was the main source of mods for lots of people.
Oh yes. TESDB is the biggest mod database so far, and it seems like the recent events are bringing it dangerously close to collapse.

It's kind of funny. Lately, there have been talks about the status of modding sites, and how many sites have vanished almost overnight. Then they brought up PES and TESSource/TESDB (it was still Source at the time). PES will keep on standing, because it's actually a buisness, and everyone said "TESSource will never die. It has so much support, and Dark0ne will keep that site up and running." Well, recently, It has come very close to the edge. Hopefully it will get better. Otherwise, the modding community will suffer it's greatest loss. Be it the latter, you can bet buddha will be the savior of the modding community, and all he'll say is "I told you so"

LATER: Heh, guess what? TESDB collapsed. Now, Dark0ne is trying to create a new site from scratch, which will be called TESNexus. By the loosk of it, just about all the mods are backed up somewhere, now it's just a matter of getting the site together and picking up the pieces. Guess the outcome wasn't as tragic asn I thought, probably because he's starting over.
Wow! :pop:

But maybe something good can come of this, i never liked how the old site worked, i always had trouble finding mods.
The new site could be a lot better... let's hope it will be.

EDIT: How come we are the only people posting in this thread? :confused:
Does'nt anyone else care? :eek:
We care but I've been in this discussions in two other fora already Tongue Three was a bit much... Anyway the mods are most certainlt lost. DarkOne's former partner claims half of all stuff from TESDB, including the mods... So now they need to split every mod, a long process....
As a few minutes ago http://www.tesnexus.com/ still wasn't up and running. But it does look like he is trying to get it back up and running.

Planet ES is a business as Mormacil said and an established part of IGN/Gamespy. Its not going to go away anytime soon.

Who is Buddha?

Darkone is probably better off starting it from scratch. His partner is going to find himself with major, major headaches if he really does intend to claim ownership of other peoples work. Many countries treat stealing other people's work as a crime. He doesn't actually own any of the mods stored on the former TESsource site accept for any he created himself.
Pages: 1 2 3 4