Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Velothi Mountains Quests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
SHADOWJADE

The player meets an old bearded nord in the Silver Dragon Inn in Veranis Hall. He introduces himself as Jarling. Jarling is a friend of a noble who had a valuable gem stolen recently. He asks the player if he/she would be interested in recovering the gem, and if so, he'll give you all the information he has. Once the player finds the gem, he/she is to return to Jarling for his/her reward.

He describes the gem as blue-purple, and it was stolen by the Rothan gang. Although he does not know the whereabouts of the gem, the Rothan gang is famous around Veranis Hall so he suggests asking around.

After a little inquiry, the player will learn that the Rothan gang is centered in a cave far to the East of Silgrad Tower.

The dungeon is two levels deep, but there are no signs of living bandits. The place was abandoned because of the Nix-Hounds that have taken over. In the last room, the player will find a note explaining where the bandits have fled. Their new base of operations is in an abandoned warehouse in Silgrad Tower.

The warehouse is quite large, but pretty straightforward. It is simply a matter of fighting through the Rothan gang and killing its leader, Grethis Rothan. In the top room/office on a desk there's a blue-purple gem called "Shadowjade". The player takes it and returns to Veranis Hall.

Upon entering Veranis Hall, the player is ambushed by a bunch of thugs. One of them takes the gem and teleports away. The player is forced to kill at least two others. The player will have a journal entry telling him/her to consult Jarling. Jarling says the new bandits sound like members of a smuggler ring called the "Eastern Circle". He knows they are centered in a nearby Dwemer ruin, and marks it on the player's map.

The ruin is three levels deep, and in the last room is the leader of the ring, Rampidius Orest. The player takes the gem from his body. Leaving the ruin the player will find Jarling, who takes the gem.

Jarling says the player has done well, retrieving the gem, but the gem won't be going back to its owner in Veranis Hall (Ilema Ondis), but instead to the Khajiit druglord R'nabbi in Silgrad Tower. He says he'll be getting a large finder's fee from R'nabbi (which is what both the Rothan Gang and the Eastern Circle sought). Jarling finally says he'll have to kill the player so he/she won't be able to say what happened to the gem.

The player will kill Jarling to get the Shadowjade, then will have a choice as to what to do with the gem:
1. Return it to Ilema Ondis for 500 Gold and a disposition boost in Veranis Hall
2. Sell it to R'nabbi for 3000 Gold and a disposition drop in Veranis Hall.

If the player takes it to Ilema Ondis, he/she will learn the gem was passed down by generations in her family, starting with a noble thief.

If the player takes it to R'nabbi, he/she learns Shadowjade is a mythical gem that is rumoured to make the holder invisible. However, R'nabbi dismisses this because the player is quite visible. R'nabbi suggests the gem has lost its power over the ages.

If neither returning nor selling the gem appeal to the player, the player can just keep the gem for him/herself.

black[/hr]

Continued from [Completed]Veranis Hall, VH-017 Silver Dragon Inn

Quote:Howdy

The interior is excellent, I will move it to completed, I did find a floating plate but fixed that

I like the quest, we would have plenty of room for another cave system, we just don't have any room in Silgrad City Sad

If you don't mind using an alternate location then it is completely doable, theirs lots of caves avialable in the VM portion of this mod also Karther Dale or Even (provided we can build it quickly) Mount Dibellus has a small community within the walls of the fortress.

If you are willing to accept and alternate location then yes please do it
I'll provide you with the cell locations of the cave and the town

let me know

Thanks Much

Enjoy
Bob

I already started a little bit on the warehouse. I have a good layout and I was really looking forward to having a warehouse with the Hlaalu architecture. Since Karther Dale looks like it uses Hlaalu architecture primarily, I might go there for my warehouse. I'll upload an ESP with the exterior building I was planning on going with. The interior is pretty large.

The cell is AAACELLFORBOB196045.
Quite a large building, but we can handle that, if you'd prefer a northern location, it would have to sit outside the city walls, but we be accomidating folk over here in ES3 so let me know Smile

See Screeny

Any thoughts about the type of cave...most of the caves in the VM areas are py_cave and or lava_cave tiles, few would be mold or mud unless on the coast if you have preference of one or the other let me know and I will give you the cell location

:goodjob:

Enjoy
Diet Bob
I think the warehouse would be best placed either in the city, or far outside the walls (close enough to Karther Dale to be a part of, but seperate all the same).

I think the Karther Dale arrangement might be best; it will populate the southern ES3 area, and it also means the slightly re-written ES4 quest will take place in different areas completely.

The cave should be far to the east of Karther Dale I think, given the new warehouse location. I'd prefer a mud cave, but pyrate or lava will work fine too. Smile
K so the location as I put it on the screeny is ok, :check:

Far East will be a problem as the mod ends 2 cells east of Karthor Dale, West however we ca go 5 or 6 cells

here is a map of the east, if you still want it east I have lined out the usable areas east of Karthor Dale , if its too close then we will have to go west or north, Karthor Dale sits at the south east corner of the esp's
limits

Let me know

Enjoy
Bob
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
K so the location as I put it on the screeny is ok, :check:

I think either in the village (within the walls) or far outside the village (over a hill somewhere) would be fine.

Far East will be a problem as the mod ends 2 cells east of Karthor Dale, West however we ca go 5 or 6 cells

What's North like?
North would be a good choice, theirs lots of room
North would be a good choice, theirs lots of room

How about the one farthest to the south within the purple circle? What kind of cave pieces should I use for that one?
Mud cave would be fine for that one

the location is -90440,-70310,2210 (0,0,223)

I'll add it to the claims if this is what you want

enjoy
Bob
Sure. Smile I'll let you know if there's anything else I need.
Very Good

My turn....The warehouse interior ? any specific name or owner you want to call it
I will put the claim up and and assign it

Thanks
Enjoy
Bob
Pages: 1 2 3