Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: New main quest?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Well, it is big and scary. I think it looks too human but its what we have to work with.
It's pure speculation, it's likely to be just a common ice or frost giant or whatever from Skyrim or possibly Atmora.
And this creature is obviously at home in the snow, so it would never need to thaw out during summer.
I'm sure there are more reasons why this could not be a Kamal, but even if everything did point to it being a Kamal, then there is still the problem of it not being confirmed by any of the Bethesda devs that it is a Kamal, so we still could not risk making a potentially huge lore mistake by using it as Kamal for our mod.
I'm just not willing to use Karstaag and say, this is a Kamal, and that's why i don't want the Kamal to be included in the first release.
Since my last post, I must say I agree with everything that's been said, and I love the factions ideas. When this project started, I never really considered it that way even though it makes perfect sense.

Here was how I envisioned Kamal ages ago for your viewing pleasure...

[Image: kamal.jpg]
It looks a lot like Karstaag, does'nt it? Big Grin
I support the Atmora theory, but there is no logical way we could rule out the Atmoran Frost Giants being the ancestors or descendants of Kamal. But anyway, my logic for Atmora is Atmora is closer and that sucker didn't look like a gifted seafarer to me. 300 or so miles, he could do, but 4200? I don't think so, snowball's chance in Oblivion.
Quote:Originally posted by Jexsam
I support the Atmora theory, but there is no logical way we could rule out the Atmoran Frost Giants being the ancestors or descendants of Kamal.

Now that's an interesting theory, the Kamal travelled all the way to Morrowind, i don't think of them as gifted seafarers, so who knows about the Frost Giants Confusedhrug:
Has anyone ever tried politely asking the folks who created this world? Smile Hell, they might go as far as to endorse the project. Official backing could give this thing a kick up the arse. Big Grin I won't hold my hopes mind.
And besides that, I just skimmed the Kamal threads. Insects sounds just as likely as true demons, but ultimately it's up to you guys making this stuff as to how you take the lore. I guess I was just being too mammal-centric...
Spoon, no, i never thought of asking them, but it can't hurt to ask.

Jexsam, We have'nt decided on what the kamal should be like, and for now, we won't, because as it is now, they will not be included in the first release of the Akavir mod anyway.
But new ideas are always welcome ofcourse Smile
Maybe we could compile a list of questions to send off to them to answer in their own time. I'm sure if we structured it properly and asked nicely, they could give us a few pointers. Unless of course they planned to make the isles themselves (god forbid). Could make a thread for question ideas, then update the first post with the actual email to them, so that everyone can agree on it. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6