Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Heightmap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Quote:Originally posted by Brian S
Were it me the major river would delta on the wester coast, but other than that, it's got my stamp of loreproval.

Cool! Does it meet other people's standards too. If we get everyone to agree, that's one source of discord eliminatated. :bananarock:
:bananarock:

Hmm... FOr now, lets leave it like this, and if it doesnt look very.. right, we can change it to the western coast.. FOr some reason, though, I always visualized the river winding through the whole area...
Just seems to me if Ol' Uriel V was to invade southwestern Akavir, Tsaesci, he wouldn't do so from a river opening up in the south, after all he's choosing it for the proximity to the motherland, I get the impression it's west-opening.
Confusedhrug:
Yeah, I'm thinking this looks better now.. more.. diverse and realistic.[Image: AkavirMap-1.jpg]
Ausgezeichnet! much better.
The next step then is to get the height map done. Will this map work with the height map that we need to do?
One thing I noticed.. there are too many of those small islands. IF there are so many of them close together, chances are, the water between them is very shallow and not navigable. How would Uriel invade them? I'm thinking:
[Image: AkavirMap-2.jpg]
Yeah, that looks like a good design. Maybe I'll redo the map sometime, to include more water flow from Kamal, and more rivers all over the place. The only thing that looks weird with your map would be the closeness and pointy edges of the islands in Tang Mo. So I can space those out, and round them off a bit.
Quote:Originally posted by Beremat
One thing I noticed.. there are too many of those small islands. IF there are so many of them close together, chances are, the water between them is very shallow and not navigable.

That's actually mentioned in the lore, lot's of small islands and sand bars, it would have to be difficult to navigate with large ships.
Then maybe limit the many small islands to a particular region? Namely Tang Mo as it's more prominent in the lore. It's all about balance, not too many that it becomes rediculous, and not too few so it doesn't seem realistic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16