Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis1303 "Elydros Romoren's Shop of Cutlery" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: Area03_Composite.jpg]

[blockquote]"The Slums" is the general term for the poor area in Soluthis' southwest corner. The folks are somewhat reclusive, and tend a large communal saltrice plantation which provides the bulk of their diet. The city grew and prospered over time, but the slums remained the same as the stubborn farmers didn't give a damn about Areya's pleas regarding property value. Their reasoning seems to be that, "So what if it's a prime spot adjacent to the Skyrim road city exit when one's forefathers have lived, loved and died for countless centuries on the same soil?" Areya gave up trying to convince the farmers to sell their homes some twenty years ago and just erected a wall around them, keeping the eyesore from merchants travelling the busy road.[/blockquote]

House type: Hole
Claim size: Medium
Neighbourhood: The Slums

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis1303, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this building are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons. You can modify the layout if you like, but don't sprawl it too far. This is for suspension of disbelief only, as some players might wonder if he wasn't going under someone else's house. If you need more space just add another vertical story under the existing basement.

Please set up AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld03, not in SilgradTowerLand. Try to use existing xmarkers when possible to avoid clutter but don't let them limit you if they don't work for your needs.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
Still open? I'll take at least part of it while I am trying to figure out the collision issues with the Imperial Fort walls. Now, do I claim all of these houses, or do I just claim one at a time?

And if I do just claim one house, it's Number 3, correct?

Here's some background for this particular house: Brelso Uvirith, Saltrice farmer. Thinks she owns the whole world because of her "rich" last name. She often flaunts that her house is larger than most other houses in the area. She also collects books, and if I get around to making a quest, will ask you for a copy of "36 Lessons of Vivec" volume 13. Hows that? Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Zarf
And if I do just claim one house, it's Number 3, correct?

Here's some background for this particular house: Brelso Uvirith, Saltrice farmer. Thinks she owns the whole world because of her "rich" last name. She often flaunts that her house is larger than most other houses in the area. She also collects books, and if I get around to making a quest, will ask you for a copy of "36 Lessons of Vivec" volume 13. Hows that? Big Grin

Yes, sounds good. :yes:
Have fun! Smile

I am looking forward to use your new tileset.
WIP it! And WIP it good! Da na da na da na da na... I'll stop.

[Images not accessible]

Getting the hang of this new fangled editor thing has thrown me through a loop. That's all I have, except there is a fire in the fireplace and a light coming from it. Big Grin

Edit 2007.02.07 06:36:
I hope you guys don't mind me making this house... IN SPACE!!

Seriously, what piece am I supposed to put in there? I can't find a staircase that will work or anything.
Quote:Originally posted by Zarf
I hope you guys don't mind me making this house... IN SPACE!!

Seriously, what piece am I supposed to put in there? I can't find a staircase that will work or anything.

Lol Big Grin, check the interior tileset pieces, or check other interiors that have basements (Doreth Thelas' House for example, forget the cell ID).

Of course, now "hole" homes or any model with basement linking models can have basements too! =)
Thanks, I've downloaded the ESP and will look at it tomorrow. I have the day off, so I might get all the way up to getting the AI done for this interior.

On second thought, I might add another candle instead. Tongue
Soluthis0910 (Alareri's Aura) is a good example, and is already in the esm. A StInRedSmRoomRoofhole01 interior tileset piece goes below the main structure, while StInRedStairsSm06 and StInRedStairsSm06single are used for the staircase. After that, the normal interior room tileset pieces are used to 'wall off' the basement.
I'm still working on it!!

I'm nearly done with the decorations themselves, but AI and dialog are still a little bit out of my league.

[url="http://www.zarfstudios.com/ob/interiorwips/1303_02.jpg"][Image: 1303_02t.jpg][/url]

[url="http://www.zarfstudios.com/ob/interiorwips/1303_03.jpg"][Image: 1303_03t.jpg][/url]

[url="http://www.zarfstudios.com/ob/interiorwips/1303_04.jpg"][Image: 1303_04t.jpg][/url]

I need to do some stuff, and then I'll read up on how to make an NPC with decent AI. I might change it to a male Dunmer, so I can do the voice acting here. X-D

EDIT: Someday, I'd like to make a quest for this interior. I think the person who lives here should be obsessed with finding the 36 Lessons of Vivec, minus Sermon 0. How about every time you return to him one of these books, he gives you 40 gold? And when you get all 36, he gives you an extra 200?

I realize that these books are expensive, and that they are skill books too, but can I place 1, 2, and 20 in the same room?

EDIT again: I can't seem to make the amount of Saltrice in his inventory -1 so he won't run out and steal stuff. Halp? Big Grin
Sounds like a good quest! Go right ahead :goodjob:

Sure, but you might want to place those skill books in a locked display case to keep them from the player. (Feel free to model one if the stock ones aren't suitable) Maybe set it to be very hard to open and require a key the NPC is carrying.

Try adding a food item to his inventory, then in the inventory list on his data sheet, click on the number 1. Now you should be able to change the number with the keyboard, letting you type the desired "-1".
That worked. I was double-clicking, right-clicking, and even CTRL-clicking. X-D

A locked bookshelf... Hmm... I don't know if there is one. I'll look for one. Currently, they are just sitting out there, unprotected. Should I put just one out and have them appear as the player gets them?

Edit 2007.03.22 05:33:
Ok, I think it's done. I didn't make any quests, nor did I give the sole NPC any dialog. I've been working on this long enough, and I need to get it off so it doesn't weigh on me.

Please, find the problems and tell me how to correct them. If they aren't that bad, I just might make another interior. Big Grin

[attachment=7646]Soluthis1303.zip[/attachment]
Pages: 1 2 3