Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Quests Here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Yeah, i'm not a head of this project (yet? Smile), but I think that everyone with quest ideas should post them here. Any size works, we're going to need a lot of them. I will post a one line summary of proposed ones below, and our leader can come and verify them (im not sure if he can edit our posts yet) by putting a star by them if he likes them.

Small
Noble's girlfriend
Fighter's guild sword quest
Fighter's guild Cammona Tong
Fighter's Guild rivalry
EEC mine help
City Defend
Building foreman
Supply drops
Noble infiltration

Miedium
Portal, ruins, artifact
Dreugh quests
Fighter's Guild Book
Fighter's guild spread word
Odai Quest
Slave trade
Mage's Guild Portal cave thing quest

Large
Main quest
Riddles and artifacts

Variable
Parent quest

I myself have an idea for one. Basically, a portal to Oblivion (which im thinking shouldnt be opening this far away from Cyrodiil, and it will open regardless of MQ status, also) will open in a town. It wil lbe much too dangerous to actually venture into to try and close, so you'll be summoned by the mayor of the town for an audience about it. He'll tell you about a wizard that may know of a way, and will give you a general idea about where he is, but not specific enough (it wont appear on the compass yet). If you explore the town a bit, you'll find another mage who knows the wizard, and wil lmark his location on your map (and compass).

Upon finding the wizard, he'l lexplain taht there isnt much of a way for a mortal to close one, except for an ancient artifact. It is in an old, hidden Daedric ruin (thus wont have been disturbed by the neravarine), which you can get into with the wizard's help. He'll follow you to an empty, barren field, and then chant something. A small cutscene where the ground rumbles, and the ruin starts breakign the earth and rising from the ground, causing you to jump out of the way will ensue.

Inside the ruin, there will be 5 series of 3 doors. One way will be beatable by combat, one by stealth, and one by intelligence and magical ability. At the end wil lbe the artifact, which wil lautomatically spawn you outside of the ruin. The ruin will then go back into the earth.

The wizard will explain how to use the artifact, and you will head back to town to do so. How the artifact works could vary, i cant think of any one idea that would work best.
Quote:It wil lbe much too dangerous to actually venture into to try and close, so you'll be summoned by the mayor of the town for an audience about it.

Be careful not to restrict here.
You have to be able to step into the portal no matter what, else it will lose the TES feel.
Of course, a way to implement it is to make a leveled list with some extremely strong daedra (+30).

Quote:It is in an old, hidden Daedric ruin (thus wont have been disturbed by the neravarine), which you can get into with the wizard's help.

All daedric ruins were old, and 60% of them hidden.
However, lore says most artefacts chooses the master.
So would make sense if the artefact wanted to be found by you.

Quote:A small cutscene where the ground rumbles, and the ruin starts breakign the earth and rising from the ground, causing you to jump out of the way will ensue.

Cutscenes and TES? Well, could work, but it has to be interactive.
Something like the IGN Videon #1 where you see the Emperor get close to your cell, but still can move freely around.

Quote:Inside the ruin, there will be 5 series of 3 doors. One way will be beatable by combat, one by stealth, and one by intelligence and magical ability.

Good.
Has been used many times before, and is almost always fun. As long as you still have a possibility to solve whatever room you would like to in whichever way possible.
EG, the stealth one is sneaking past a room full of enemies.
The room is very shadowy, so for a theif, it's a piece of cake. A mage could cast some invisibility spell, and still do well.
And a warrior could meet them in open combat or something.

Quote:At the end wil lbe the artifact, which wil lautomatically spawn you outside of the ruin. The ruin will then go back into the earth.

Fine, as long as you find a good explanation for the teleportation.

Quote:How the artifact works could vary, i cant think of any one idea that would work best.

What about weakening the monsters in the gate (making the leveled list +10)?
And then going in to close it?

_Zexion
Quote:Originally posted by Zexion
Be careful not to restrict here.
You have to be able to step into the portal no matter what, else it will lose the TES feel.
Of course, a way to implement it is to make a leveled list with some extremely strong daedra (+30).
Of course, I just meant that it wouldnt be plausible to try and go in.

Quote:All daedric ruins were old, and 60% of them hidden.
However, lore says most artefacts chooses the master.
So would make sense if the artefact wanted to be found by you.
I meant old in terms of old, so really old Wink. And for the latter part, maybe the artifact will be what actually allows you to go into the ruin, and tht wil lbe why the wizard cant/wont follow you.

Quote:Cutscenes and TES? Well, could work, but it has to be interactive.
Something like the IGN Videon #1 where you see the Emperor get close to your cell, but still can move freely around.
Again, i was speaking in such terms, i know that cutscenes in TES are always interactable, and arent exactly cutscenes.

Quote:Good.
Has been used many times before, and is almost always fun. As long as you still have a possibility to solve whatever room you would like to in whichever way possible.
EG, the stealth one is sneaking past a room full of enemies.
The room is very shadowy, so for a theif, it's a piece of cake. A mage could cast some invisibility spell, and still do well.
And a warrior could meet them in open combat or something.
Yes, that's why i chose it, it works well. Of course, i'd make sure it isnt just like every other one. Probably would make a riddle beforehand that would hint who would be best suited for which room. And yes, anyone could go through any room. In a fighting room, a warrior would do best, but a mage could still cast spells to fight, and a thief could probably be partially hidden and fire arrows at the enemies, and weaken them, then use a dagger or blade when they get close enough.

Quote:Fine, as long as you find a good explanation for the teleportation.
It's part of a spell to make sure it doesnt fall into the wrong hands. Once anyone touches the artifact, the place will begin to retreat underground again. If you are meant to be able to take it, the artifact will save you by teleporting you out.

Quote:What about weakening the monsters in the gate (making the leveled list +10)?
And then going in to close it?

_Zexion
That sounds good, was actually one of the ideas i was saying i had. Another was that it would enable an artifact-based spell that could seal portals with certain components. Depends how lengthy the maker would want the quest to be.
looks good guys... good work on quest thinking uping... hehehe...

sounds like a fun quest....
yeah, if some peopel would actualy post some quests Sad
yeah.. this past day has seen few members coming on the forum.. hopes tomorrow will be better.... -_-
We will need lost of quest both big and small. I have a few ideas for simple town quests. It would be a funy bit of comic relief if you meet a guy in town and find out he is very angry. Apparently the rich noble stole his girlfriend and he's willing to give up a few coins or his valuable artifact if you can help humiliate his enemy and not get caught in the process. It would involve you sneaking in the nobles house at night and a tavern and setting up a few practical jokes, such as pouring a potion of flatulance (drain personality) in his wine or replacing the nobles exquisite pants with a pair of "Exquisite Pants of drain personality"

With the RAI and maybe a bit of scripting the effects could be quite hillarious to watch.
Quote:Originally posted by DarkD
We will need lost of quest both big and small. I have a few ideas for simple town quests. It would be a funy bit of comic relief if you meet a guy in town and find out he is very angry. Apparently the rich noble stole his girlfriend and he's willing to give up a few coins or his valuable artifact if you can help humiliate his enemy and not get caught in the process. It would involve you sneaking in the nobles house at night and a tavern and setting up a few practical jokes, such as pouring a potion of flatulance (drain personality) in his wine or replacing the nobles exquisite pants with a pair of "Exquisite Pants of drain personality"

With the RAI and maybe a bit of scripting the effects could be quite hillarious to watch.
adding!
you guys have great ideas...

I'm thinking that maybe the son of Venim will be sneakier than his daddy... and maybe he'll make a sword that'll have an enchantment... 300 Fortify Attack... and then give it to his enemy saying that it was a gift...

he tells you to talk to the guy.. who gets angry and attacks you... and he is framed! woo woo!
Ok, this is a rough draft of idea's for the "Sea Serpent" idea from the other thread.

The opening of the gates to Oblivion have attracted many ferocious creatures to gather. One such creature is the Dreugh. With the gates open all over Tamriel, the waters of The Inner Sea and The Sea of Ghosts have become infested with these Dreugh creatures and their larger, even more fearsome brothers, the Dreugh Man O'War's. So long as the gates remain open, all ships attempting to pass to Vvardenfell are being assaulted. All attempts to fight a way through have proven futile.

Once the gates are closed (through the efforts of the PC), then passage to the island will again be poosible, but not completely without dangers.

Some quests could be outlined around fighting off Dreugh to help cargo ships, maybe going out and finding the larger Dreugh Man O'War's and killing them. Give me some feedback on what you think so far.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7