Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tales of Rajhin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tales of Rajhin Volume 1:

:alert:How Rajhin stole fire from the Demon.

One day, after a good heist, Rajhin found himself watching some dancing flames in his hidey-hole. He found himself wondering where fire came from. So he put out his fire, and put his ring on. Invisible, Rajhin ran around the entire world putting out all the fires.

In the morning the Khajiit were all hungry, because they had no fire to cook their sweetmeats. They went to the Mane, and asked for his help.

The Mane said “Someone must go to the fire demon and ask for more fire. But beware the demon does not like visitors, and does not like being tricked.”

The people were not keen to retrieve the fire, but Rajhin put his claws up.

“Brave Rajhin will go claim fire from the demon for his people.” He said, secretly happy that his plan had worked.

And so he set off for the fiery pit in which the demon lived. After many days he came to the hole near the edge of the sea that the Mane had described to him, while Rajhin had secretly been pilfering a cask of fine wine behind the Mane’s back.

As he entered the maw, he whispered a spell of protection and put on his ring.

The Fire Demon was enormous, flames licked her body and even her fingernails and toenails were fire.

She called out, “I can’t see you, but I know you are there. Reveal yourself!”

And so Rajhin took off his ring, making it appear that he was hiding behind a rock.

“I do not like visitors! Who dares intrude on my lair?” The Demon hissed at him.

“It is I, poor, lowly Rajhin, who seeks and audience with you, Great One.” Rajihin spoke.

“Speak Rajhin, then be gone.” Rajhin’s flattery worked on the Demon.

“Rajhin’s people have lost the gift of fire, and have sent poor Rajhin to get more from you, Fiery One” Rajhin bowed low.

“Then take the gift of fire, Rajhin. Honour it as you would honour me.” And the Demon plucked one of her fingernails and gave it to Rajhin.

Rajhin bade her farewell, and left. Soon after, Rajhin came to a stream. He wondered where the Fire Demon got her fire from. He tossed the fingernail into the water, splashed some more water on himself and returned to the fiery pit.

“I fell in the river, could I please have another, Great One?” Rajhin asked.

The Demon liked Rajhin, and seeing the water on him gave him another fingernail, unaware she was being tricked.

Rajhin threw this fingernail into the stream too, and returned for another.

“Please, Great One, another? The wind blew out the last one.”

This one Rajhin threw in the stream too.

This continued all day until the Fire Demon had given up all her fingernails and all but one of her toenails.

When Rajhin returned for the last toenail, the Fire Demon knew she was being tricked. She was furious at him and threw her last toenail at him in anger.
She missed Rajhin as he had slipped on his ring and it landed in some trees.

The trees took up the essence of the fire and cherished it as a great gift.

When Rajhin returned to his village, he brought with him, not fire, but some dry wood.

“Why does Rajhin bring wood, when he was sent to get fire?” The Mane asked.

“Rajhin will show how to get fire from the wood.” And Rajhin rubbed the two pieces of wood together until they lit up with flame.

And this is how Rajhin stole the Demon’s fire.
:alert:
Nice and archaic!
A more appropriate title: HOW THE MUSHROOM-LOV'N-CAT STOLE WORDS FROM HER MAORI BRO'S.

Tongue
Hehe, you got me, this is an adaptaion of my favourite maori legend of maui. one of my cherished childhood tales. i thought it would be a lovely easter egg for any NZ players.