Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Sphagne's landscape generation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry to jump in out of no-where, but here is my story:

I liked to test my skills in landscape generation, and I decided Silgrad Tower Land was a good place to begin, because of so many undeveloped and barren land available.

So I started on the region below Silgrad Tower region, at the end of the huge river and added a smaller river and valley to the right of it that goes eventually toward south.

I have only changed the landmass and height map of that area, no texturing and object placement, but I really like the outcome so far.

It changes the area of about (-10,-66) to (0,-52), and is made of a central river and valley, with some dry ravines and surrounding detail, places for camps and hidden dungeons, but only changed the height map.

I know it is not in any defined and claimed area, but it started just as a development skill test and I have learned a lot while developing it, and I think it is worth a check.

Are you interested to check it when it has got more meat to share? maybe you want to add it to the next release, if you liked it. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Sphagne
Sorry to jump in out of no-where, but here is my story:

I liked to test my skills in landscape generation, and I decided Silgrad Tower Land was a good place to begin, because of so many undeveloped and barren land available.

So I started on the region below Silgrad Tower region, at the end of the huge river and added a smaller river and valley to the right of it that goes eventually toward south.

I have only changed the landmass and height map of that area, no texturing and object placement, but I really like the outcome so far.

It changes the area of about (-10,-66) to (0,-52), and is made of a central river and valley, with some dry ravines and surrounding detail, places for camps and hidden dungeons, but only changed the height map.

I know it is not in any defined and claimed area, but it started just as a development skill test and I have learned a lot while developing it, and I think it is worth a check.

Are you interested to check it when it has got more meat to share? maybe you want to add it to the next release, if you liked it. Smile
First of all, welcome to Silgrad Tower. Smile

The areas as indicated by you have been claimed. The SilgradTower area is ready and the Silgrad Hills region is WIP (generating).

I am more than willing to check your work and give feedback, if you like.

Check the Region Claims section.

If you have a special request send a PM to TheImperialDragon.
He's in charge of the Regions.

I hope you'll find a suitable region, it's also possible to claim smaller areas, for this check the landscape claims.
Thanks, I had a map of Claimed region that did not include that place, maybe it was an old map. Smile

OK, How can I send it to you when it is a bit more completed? I really like to show it to somebody, You know, I think it is really good for a first attempt.
You could use FileFront or Rapidshare.

I am looking forward to see your landscape.