Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Just Joined....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just joined here. I used to go to TR, but they said I suck and ban me. I can write quests and do voices, but my computer is screwed up so I can't really make claims.
Hi littlebros, and welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

I recognize your name from reading on the TR forum from time to time. I'm banned as well but through the magic of proxies that doesn't stop me from following what goes on publicly on their forum. I don't know the situation regarding your banishment or your history in that team though, but if you want a fresh start you're most welcome.

Voice work is always good to have, particularly in the upcoming Oblivion mod, and it'd be cool to see you recording some of the written lines that'll get added :goodjob: Perhaps there's an opportunity to combine both your questwriting skills and voice work capabilities - you could write up a quest you'd like to mod in Silgrad Tower: Oblivion and then record dialogue for the lines you'd like to see in it?
Is there a place where I can veiw some lines? I could also say a general stament and put it somewhere, but where could I put it?
Quote:Originally posted by littlebros
Is there a place where I can veiw some lines? I could also say a general stament and put it somewhere, but where could I put it?

No, for the moment you'd have to write the lines yourself I think. But I'm sure we'll see a lot of modders in the future (after Oblivion's release) who only use written dialogue instead of spoken, if for no other reason that they don't have access to any recording equipment. I'm getting a real mike for christmas btw, it's just something like twenty bucks or so for a Logitech one and I'm sure I'll have a blast with it. I love to mess around with voices. When no-one's around... I talk to myself in Scottish Wink

But if you want to voice a quest you want to mod in the future, please feel free to start a thread somewhere - Organizing ST: O maybe? - and we'll figure it out as we go along. For starters perhaps you could attach the clips to your post, and if it turns out you want to do more then I'm sure we could hook you up with a website account for them. Storing them on our website in some form won't be a problem. Smile I'm eager to hear your first clip! A line like "Hello there, how are you doing on this fine day?" - or any of a thousand variations on that - might be good for a test post? Lines like that can always be used. :goodjob:

Then again if you just want to hang back and chill until Oblivion comes out that's cool too, I'd understand if you did. Pre-work can be a bit esoterical at times... personally I mostly see it as a way of passing the time, that can perhaps yield something we can use down the road.
Greetings and welcome aboard
I just saw the model of it, does SilgradTower have the inside done as well?
I don't think it's in the mod yet.
Maybe in the next version, but it is a 90 story-building, so it will take a good amount of time to add all the strories to it!

~1337
Quote:Originally posted by littlebros
I just saw the model of it, does SilgradTower have the inside done as well?

I made it for our upcoming Oblivion mod, as the current mod already has a representation of the tower. There's no interior for it yet because I'm holding out on that until I see what spankybus can pull off with the interior Velothi tileset he said he'd be willing to do. If the interior could be modded with that tileset it'd save a lot of work, which would be wasted anyways if it turns out the set can be used, and with that tileset I'm sure it'd look a lot better than anything I could model.