Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Order of Massar and Secunda (r)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
For almost a year we've been arguing about the faction to develop and popularize TES among our friends. At first the team agreed on Morag Tong, then Knights of the Nine...but what the heck, we had to use our imagination and when we started...well...for already half a year our team is called "The Order of Massar and Secunda" and we're working hard on the characters and concepts. No details now, but the very IDEA...

None of the Aedra wanted to babysit Nirn, but someone had to keep it away from total destruction. Someone had to guard the balance of Good and Evil in the young world of the mortal. Akatosh turned on Lorkhan again - he took the pieces of his severed body and "hung" them above Nirn, ordering to be vigilant. Massar and Secunda took it as an honor, guarding the balance in the world eversince, standing in the way of Aedra and Daedra (mostly Daedra of course Smile)
Time passed, and it became harder and harder to look after Nirn, which made the brothers abandon their bodies (leaving rotting moons) and come on Nirn to continue following their holy duty. Massar came first, materializing as a Nord somewhere in Skyrim. Secunda "parked" the moons after having a small talk with Azura, and came down as a Khajiit.
Life among the mortals disoriented both the half-gods, resulting Massar being imprisoned by Hircyne, and Secunda living a foul life of "earthly delights". Though Akatosh loved what he created, so he came to Secunda and persuaded him to remember his duties. In two months a party of 17 khajiit stormed Hircyne's prison. Secunda beat the stuffing of the Hunter and set Massar free.
The Order was born and structured into the Hands of Akatosh - the left hand, led by Secunda and the right hand, led by Massar. They could be characterized as the obscure way, and the light way, associated with their immortal leaders.

The detailed legend is still coming up...but what'd you say, doesn't it ROCK?
We already have 7 outfitted characters (will include photos when we get our lazy butts to make some). We're really proud of ourselves, counting the shithole we live in...

Here's our basic structure.

[Image: hands-of-akatosh.jpg]
ok das ist brilliant, did you plan any questline or do u want mine incorporated as a base.

second do you want masser and secunda as living and breathing mortals or do you want just 1 head pries symboliseing ra'jah'kay "the moons and htier motions" remember there must be some meta physical connection from the two, as they were from the pieces of lorkahn. thirdly could you offer translations to the hands, and put up any concepts so far so i can get helping u draw on this.
I really liked your idea, but my team would mangle me if there's anything against our documented concepts, so i'd like to work on this with you, cause, really...it'd be great to make the Chosen not just a usual hero.

The hands are written using the rules given by the IL. Though there's one slight mistake on the right hand - Masser instead of Massar (Massar's the right thing, right? Smile )

Every couple of days i'm going to add the needed details, and believe me, there's enough for a whole plugin. For example, in the middle of Elsweyr, there's "The Hall of Secunda". It's basically a base of operations (characterizes the way of the left hand, as the right hand doesn't work like this), the biggest in all Tamriel. Secunda is a godlike creature, that looks like a khajiit most times (for example, when storming Hircyne's prison, Secunda took form of a purely black khajiit figure with red glowing eyes). He resides in the Hall sometimes. Besides him, there are teachers, mages, alchemists and of course usual brothers, sisters and adepts. Every province has a base of operations for the left hand, and some secret safehouses.
I'll translate whatever you'd like to know first, though the team doesn't believe into "just placing valuable info in the net". But i was already told about trust here, so...what info is important for you now?

[Image: 8d100eed.jpg]
How does the order feel about and respond to Fal Droon's "The Lunar Lorkhan"?
well i would like to no...(without giving the big stuff up yet) what sort of clothes or armor does the order wear, what do they favor as weapons, and any rough building shapes they have.

the wierd thing is secunda sounds a bit like the gold cat...having a life of earthly delights

edit: i suggest removing any use of the letter y from the hands, as noone ever uses that letter not even beth on the gray cowl just use an i
1) What exactly should the Order "feel about and respond to" "The Lunar Lorkhan"? The story of the Order doesn't conflict with any of the theories, as well as all of the theories about the moons (check http://www.imperial-library.info/mwbooks...ther.shtml as the khajiit version) just reveal a part of our story seen by certain meri.
In fact, when the idea was born, we carefully studied all the lore and our concept fits the general history like it was always there.
I understand that the part i started with leaves many questions, but in a month we're going to create a website with the WHOLE concept there.

2) Beginning to consult our main designers. Got one drawing of Secunda himself in everyday armor (just a sketch for real clothing). Gimme a couple of days, cause i'm swinging from PC to PC to let all my team check the Order's state of things here...

Jode was just a...khajiit in general, but with unlimited power... He wenched, drank, took moon sugar and smoked skooma. That's earthly delights of the obscure way master Smile

An "I"? Thanx, will work...
The members of the Order don't have any uniform. They wear what they find to be the most suitable for their speciality. Some of them may have a kind of sign (e.g. tattoo) featuring the moons, the hands, a single hand, a dragon...

The architecture's quite special, cause everything the Order has is underground. Huge caverns with halls, small cave-safehouses...chapels. So what we have...are interiors. I'll send you a pic of a door...a unique one. And i'll also send the pic of Secunda (like i said, a concept of real-life outfit).
Quote:The Lunar Lorkhan by Fal Droon

...snip... We all have our favorite Lorkhan story and our favorite Lorkhan motivation for the creation of Nirn and our favorite story of what happened to His Heart. But the Theory of the Lunar Lorkhan is of special note.

In short, the Moons were and are the two halves of Lorkhan's 'flesh-divinity'. Like the rest of the Gods, Lorkhan was a plane(t) that participated in the Great Construction... except where the Eight lent portions of their heavenly bodies to create the mortal plane(t), Lorkhan's was cracked asunder and his divine spark fell to Nirn as a shooting star "to impregnate it with the measure of its existence and a reasonable amount of selfishness."

Masser and Secunda therefore are the personifications of the dichotomy-- the "Cloven Duality," according to Artaeum-- that Lorkhan legends often rail against: ideas of the anima/animus, good/evil, being/nothingness, the poetry of the body, throat, and moan/silence-as-the-abortive, and so on -- set in the night sky as Lorkhan's constant reminder to his mortal issue of their duty.

Followers of this theory hold that all other "Heart Stories" are mythical degradations of the true origin of the moons (and it needn't be said that they observe the "hollow crescent theory" as well).

The blocked phrases are what I feel are the most immediately relevant. It almost seems that the Moons may have been created by the 'cracking' of Nirn - not Lorkaj hanging above and placing bits of him down. One must assume that he used all of himself in the making of Nirn, and then in the 'cracking' parts were flung out from his body.

Next we have this 'duality' of Human and Khajiit - not quite so fortuitous to have a human andr Khajiiti sect in which one race venerates the deity 's avatar of the other race. Did either race ever feel that the other was to be looked up to or be grateful to? There again, though there have been wars does either race totally despise the other? Maybe the latter option is more likely, but that makes the races enemies ...

So then we also have the Lunar Lattice - not a human preoccupation.

I would like to develope this as you clearly have something here, but I feel that you have not settled it enough yet to really convince. The idea of Khajiit and Human sharing a religious sect so intimately does not quite hit the spot for one, and I cannot see a sect of humans feeling that the Moons have quite such a significance. That leaves a wholly Khajiit option, so it will have to be constructed with a truly khajiit feel to it.

If so I suggest that the feeling of mystery should be an important ingredient.

Lastly I see no claws on the hands in your designs.

Please remember that this starts and ends with Khajiit society. All else revolves around that, no matter what the furless ones may claim. We Khajiit have always known the importance of the Lunar Lattice, the Moons and the Moon Sugar - we have seen things that the furless ones have never been able to.
the funny thing about the Aurbis is if you believe it, it can exist, literally, why I believe all the creation myths and godly aspects and perceptions are all true at once. I like this idea to be honest however.
That's why we thought, as long as it doesn't disagree with any Tamrielic legends...let there be a mod...or a quest...cause the Order of Massar and Secunda is really secret and there's only one way to become a member - be chosen by Massar or Secunda.
Pages: 1 2 3 4