Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Bariatric surgery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is something that I really, really do not want to do. However, I have explored all other options, so its looking like I need to. I don't know when its going to happen or how it will affect my ability to be online when it does. If you don't see me for awhile, that is probably what is going on though.
Okay, thanks for letting know.

Bariatric surgery, is'nt that when they sortoff... bypass the stomach? Confusedhrug:
I wish you the best of luck with that, i hope you will be okay Smile
There are a couple of different ones, one they bypass, another they use rubberbands -- the second one is reversible.
I'm starting the intake process on this process this week. I still don't know which procedure its going to be or when its going to happen though.

One of the things I'm dealing with right now is teaching an insurance company that calling an appeal a reconsideration, denying that "reconsideration" and putting that decision in the file while at the same time not telling the patient you did this just is not legal. I'm still struggling with the absolutely mindblowing idea that they would pull this on someone who used to practice law before she became too disabled to work.

There is a rather long list of people who are able to tell an insurance company that it is not ok to fail in providing due process once they find out its going on. Some of the people include polititians and union business managers. These people do know about this now too. I don't know what is going to happen with the specific use of this crap on me. But this insurance company surely is never going to pull this crap on anyone else.

Cathy/Ysne
I have only heard a LOT of really bad things about health insurance in the USA, it's sad that health care is really, really... really bad there too.
I once heard about some sort of medicine being sold in the USA for $120, in Cuba the price of the exact same medicine was just a couple of cents :eek:
Something should be done about the insurance companies and the pharmaceutical industry, they are ruthless and evil criminals.

I wish you the best of luck and good health Cathy.
Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
I'm starting the intake process on this process this week. I still don't know which procedure its going to be or when its going to happen though.

One of the things I'm dealing with right now is teaching an insurance company that calling an appeal a reconsideration, denying that "reconsideration" and putting that decision in the file while at the same time not telling the patient you did this just is not legal. I'm still struggling with the absolutely mindblowing idea that they would pull this on someone who used to practice law before she became too disabled to work.

There is a rather long list of people who are able to tell an insurance company that it is not ok to fail in providing due process once they find out its going on. Some of the people include polititians and union business managers. These people do know about this now too. I don't know what is going to happen with the specific use of this crap on me. But this insurance company surely is never going to pull this crap on anyone else.

Cathy/Ysne

Augh, tell me about it. After my father had surgery on his arm, the insurance company said they would cover 10,000 of the total 12,000 dollar cost. Guess what? Apparantly, in their letter, the decimal was in the wrong spot as they meant to write 1,000 dollars. Apparantly.

Good luck with that procedure.
Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
Cathy/Ysne

I wish you the best of luck and quick recovery, I hope for your sake you have the full surgery and not the lapband, the lapband success rate is very low compared to the completed bypass, though the bypass is a more complicated procedure, it is well worth it. The big thing is "life style change" how and what you eat are extremely important and your taste will change drastically, things you loved to eat may not do so well for quite some time, eventually it comes back and you can digest better, but at least for the first year I can advise, stay away from sugar and bread. !!

Best of luck to you

Bob
Best wishes for you Ysne. I'm sure everything will be okay. :goodjob:
:yes: Good Luck :goodjob:
I just saw this thread in posting the Happy New Year one, and I have to add my best wishes as well. Just thinking of both sounds scary to me, so I wish you all the best luck with them. I hope both surgery and costs can work well in your favor, Ysne. *hugs*

Kielanai~
Pages: 1 2