Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Argonian bandit cave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was talking to SACarrow a while back regarding his massive job of recording custom voice work for all our Argonian NPCs. I started thinking that we should make some sort of location with plenty of Argonians in it and encourage the player to visit it, so that we can make good use of the voice work in one go. At the same time I thought of the boiled netch leather armor fwp_coder recently created for our mod, and that we should make good use of that as well.

Given that netch leather is favored by outlaws in Morrowind, it seemed natural to me that the combination would result in a band of Argonian bandits holed up in a cave some distance from one of our cities. It would swat a third fly too since we need more quest locations, and/or more action-based locations.

But if we say that the above paragraph is the base idea of the location, how can we develop the idea further? Should the argonians be former slaves hell bent on revenge against their former masters? Or should they have come from Black Marsh and are simple thieves looking to make some easy money? Or are they a small cult devoted to their necromancer leader whom kidnap locals to turn into zombies? Or... maybe something completely different. Let's hear your ideas! Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I was talking to SACarrow a while back regarding his massive job of recording custom voice work for all our Argonian NPCs. I started thinking that we should make some sort of location with plenty of Argonians in it and encourage the player to visit it, so that we can make good use of the voice work in one go. At the same time I thought of the boiled netch leather armor fwp_coder recently created for our mod, and that we should make good use of that as well.

Given that netch leather is favored by outlaws in Morrowind, it seemed natural to me that the combination would result in a band of Argonian bandits holed up in a cave some distance from one of our cities. It would swat a third fly too since we need more quest locations, and/or more action-based locations.

But if we say that the above paragraph is the base idea of the location, how can we develop the idea further? Should the argonians be former slaves hell bent on revenge against their former masters? Or should they have come from Black Marsh and are simple thieves looking to make some easy money? Or are they a small cult devoted to their necromancer leader whom kidnap locals to turn into zombies? Or... maybe something completely different. Let's hear your ideas! Smile

We could make it LOOK like theyre petty thieves, but later on into the dungeon, the player could find out about that necromancer idea through a diary or something.
Quote:Originally posted by Beremat
We could make it LOOK like they're petty thieves, but later on into the dungeon, the player could find out about that necromancer idea through a diary or something.

But wouldn't a necromancer need a workplace and tools and and such?
Yes, but it doesnt mean that a necromancer can't have a hard-ass-to-pick-slash-unpickable-lock to his room Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Beremat
Yes, but it doesnt mean that a necromancer can't have a hard-ass-to-pick-slash-unpickable-lock to his room Wink

I suppose. Ok, thanks for your idea Smile
Really depends on who picks it up i suppose.

If we've got any talented writers in here, a quest that explores the social implications of the slavery ban, as well as the relationship between former slave and former master would be quite cool. (then again, i'm just someone who likes a good story)

Maybe they're being hunted down by illegal slave-raiders and need your help to make it to the Black Marsh? And of course the slavers would want your help, and be willing to pay extremely well.

Or you could take the revenge idea, but branch it, so that one dialog path leads to violence, and the other leads to a quieter resolution.

maybe the argonians could even find a place in the diverse environment of Silgrad City. (find work for them to do perhaps?)

I personally think that necromancers are a tad unimaginative, considering the myriad political and social conditions of pre-nerevarine morrowind. This could be a very deep quest, forcing the player to take sides and make a moral decision, choosing what's right over what's easy.