Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Regarding DunmerRichBed01
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently noticed there is a model from TES3 in our mod. Tongue The model is named "DunmerRichBed01.nif" and located in the folder meshes\ST\Furniture\Dunmer\Upperclass\. As you can tell by looking at it really is straight from TES3, including being in Morrowind nif format and with links to textures in the Morrowind folder. Naturally we don't use that model in the mod, the nif just came along for the ride in the folder structure for some reason. It will be omitted from future releases.

By the way my version of that bed model is located in the folder meshes\ST\Furniture\Redoran and called RedoranBed01. Why is it called "Redoran Bed", you may wonder. Well, after years of being away from the old game Razorwing thought the "r" in the TES3 filename stood for Redoran when in reality it most likely stood for "Rich", i.e. the bed is used by all Dunmer belonging to the upper class rather than being used by Redoran Dunmer. (At the time it was a moot point since Redoran architecture was our only kind of Dunmer interiors.)

I remember I wanted to correct this minor problem at one point, before the release of 2.5. I was going to redesignate it as a rich bed used by Dunmer in general by moving it to Dunmer\Upperclass and renaming the nif to DunmerRichBed01. Evidently I copied and renamed the wrong file and then it slipped my mind to change the CS entry to point to the new file. Had I remembered to change to CS entry I would have noticed this mistake a long tme ago. But what's done is done, so I just wanted to explain what happened in case anyone comes across that nif and wonder why it's there.
Good that you caught it Smile