Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Indirect death is your fault?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay now I think I need some advice here okay I knew this couple the guy told me he was worried that the girl was gonna break up with him and that he was really depressed. The next day the girl stopped me and said her old boyfriend had purposed to her and that she was going to break it off with him later. I made her tell him that night and said his life had no purpose and that he was going to die. And his mom told me today that he slit his wrists so now im wondering is this my fault?
Okay, i think i understand what you're saying.

No, this is in no way your fault, it was completely his decision to kill himself.

This is how i think about situations like that: if i had a gilfriend and i stopped loving her, i would leave her, even if she threatens to kill herself (it's just not healthy to stay in such a relationship).
People all have their own path in life to follow, you can't (or should'nt) force another person to stay with you... it's just wrong.
Not quite what I expected to read first thing in the morning, but I feel for you. You can't let something like this get to you. She would have had to have told him eventually, and it's better he learnt sooner rather than later.
This is not your fault. It sounds like his attempt was not successful. If you want to be supportive, keep talking to his mom and ask her what you can do to help. Your friend is probably in a hospital going through treatment for severe depression and whatever else led up to this.

Good luck.
As the others said its not your fault dont feel down about it :goodjob: