Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [MG Quest] Council Matters [8] - Open for Claim
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

"Council Matters" is the quest designed to show the Council live in session.

Short: You are called to the Council because the Council has a very 'delicate' mission for you to fulfil. The Council tells you there's a Necromancer hiding among the Mages Guild ranks, they have evidence of this but they need the matter handled. When you go to the guy they suspect, he tells you about a mask he's been searching for. He asks you to go to this cave and find this mask. When you go to the cave he'll be there. He starts raving about the mask and how the Council cannot truly appreciate the beauty of death. And then he attacks you, you kill him and return to the Council.
Boss: The Council
Reward: 2000 coins
Promotion: Master Wizard
NPC's:
  1. Amilia Noctis
    Race: Dunmer
    Male/Female: Female
    Vampire: Yes
    Voice:
    Story:
    Athasor Alayn
    Male/Female: Male
    Vampire: No
    Voice:
    Story: Right hand of Amilia, he promotes you to wizard after "Blood Keeps me Dead" and gives you the "Things that go Bump in the Night" quest.
    Gadave Belaram
    Male/Female: Male
    Vampire: No
    Voice:
    Story: The Necromancer you're to kill.
    [/list=1]
    Full Story:
    The Council has a very important and delicate mission to give you: there's evidence of a necromancer in the Mages Guild ranks. With the recent exposure of the Cerro plot, the MG can't handle problems with the Necromancers as well and requires you to deal with this matter swiftly and without any 'publicity'.

When you go to Silgrad City, Gadave Belaram (The Necromancer) tells you about an artifact called 'The Mask of Death' (temp name) which is located in a cave somewhere in the wilderness. He asks you to go there and see if the Mask is there and bring it back if it is. Eager to get more evidence of necromancy by Iduryn Seleth, you go. Gadave Belaram, however, is in the small cave and tells you that this was once the resting place of the Mask, but that it has been moved hundreds of years ago. He attacks you, you win and return to the council for your promotion and reward.

Dialogue & Triggers:
    [TITLE]Chapter 1[/TITLE]
    Chapter 1 Scene 1: Getting the Job
    Trigger: None (Start of the Quest)
    Consequence: Gadave Belaram activated in Silgrad City + his 'intro text' is added.
    Player actions: Talking with the Council, led by Amilia Noctis.
    Log1: "The Mages Council has ordered me to take a care of a delicate matter. They believe there is a necromancer in the Mages Guild ranks, located in the Silgrad City guildhall. The suspected Necromancer's name is Gadave Belaram. The Council has asked me to keep it discrete."
    Dialogue:
    - Player101-Topic01: "Quest"
    - Amilia Noctis101-Answer01: "Your recent successes have not gone unnoticed, you have managed to grab the attention of the Council."
    - Amilia Noctis102-Answer01: "We have a delicate matter, one involving necromancy."
    - Amilia Noctis103-Answer01: "We suspect one of the Silgrad City mages is a necromancer."
    - Player102-Question01a: "What should I do?"
    - Player102-Question01b: "So?" (Both choices have the same consequence)
    - Amilia Noctis104-Answer01: "We do not have enough evidence to openly accuse him."
    - Amilia Noctis105-Answer01: "So your quest is to gather evidence that this Gadave Belaram is indeed a necromancer."
    - Amilia Noctis106-Answer01: "The Council would be most pleased if you could handle this without any witnesses."
    - Dialogue Ends -

Chapter 1 Scene 2: Talkin'n to Gadave
    Trigger: Log1
    Consequence: Map Marker added for the cave.
    Player actions: Talking
    Log2: "Gadave Belaram, the suspected necromancer, has asked me to investigate a certain artifact in a cave to the east of Silgrad City. He has marked it on my map. Perhaps I will find more evidence of his necromancy in the cave?"
    Dialogue:
    Gadave Belaram101-Intro01: "Good day! You seem like a capable mage!"
    Player201-Answer01: "Correct."
    Gadave Belaram102-Answer01: "I could use you, if you have the time."
    Player202-Answer01: "Offcourse, go ahead."
    Gadave Belaram103-Answer01: "I have been researching the life of a long dead, but very infamous, necromancer. I have uncovered a possible location for one of his artifacts."
    Gadave Belaram104-Answer01: "I would like you to recover said artifact!"
    Player203-Answer01a: "For a fellow Mages Guild member, offcourse."
    Player204-Answero1b: "What's in it for me?"
    Gadave Belaram105-Answer01a: "Splendid! I will mark the location on your map." - Dialogue Ends -
    Gadave Belaram105-Answer01b: "I was thinking of 500 coins. How does that sound?"
    Player205-Answer01ba: "That sounds good."
    Gadave Belaram106-Answer01ba: "Splendid! I will mark the location on your map."
    Player205-Answer01bb: "Higher."
    Gadave Belaram107-Answer01bb: "600?"
    Player206-Answer01bba: "That sounds reasonable."
    Gadave Belaram106-Answer01bba: "Splendid! I will mark the location on your map."
    Player206-Answer01bbb: "Higher."
    Gadave Belaram108-Answer01bbb: "700?"
    Player207-Answer01bbba: "I agree to these terms."
    Gadave Belaram109-Answer01bbba: "Splendid! I will mark the location on your map."
    Player207-Answer01bbbb: "Lower."
    - Back to Gadave Belaram107-Answer01bb: "600?" -

Chapter 1 Scene 3: Entering the cave
    Trigger: Log2
    Consequence: Finding Gadave Belaram (he forcetalks)
    Player actions: Finding the cave, entering & killing some skeletons.
    Log3: "The cave does have a necromancy atmosphere to it, including the skeletons."
    Dialogue:
    -

Chapter 1 Scene 4: Talkin' to Gadave
    Trigger: Log3
    Consequence: Gadave attacks
    Player actions: Talking to Gadave's mad ravings.
    Log4: "Gadave Belaram was here waiting for me, enough evidence of his supposed necromancy, I believe."
    Dialogue:
    Gadave Belaram201-Intro01: "Did you know the long dead, infamous, necromancer I referred to in our last conversation was Mannimarco?"
    Player301-Answer01a: "Yes."
    Player301-Answer01b: "No."
    Gadave Belaram202-Answer01ab: "Silent! I am talking here!"
    Gadave Belaram203-Answer01: (Raising his voice) "Did you know we are walking on earth blessed by the Unholy One?"
    Gadave Belaram204-Answer01: "Mannimarco stood here once, Mannimarco hath only need to speak one word for his enemy to fall."
    Player302-Answer01a: "Really?"
    Player302-Answer01b: "I really don't care."
    Gadave Belaram205-Answer01ab: "SILENCIO!"
    Gadave Belaram206-Answer01: "You, and your pathetic Mages Council are an affront to Mannimarco. You do not even deserve to be raised by His eternal power!"
    - Gadave Belaram attacks -

Chapter 1 Scene 5:
    Trigger: None, Gadave attacks after his crazy dialogue.
    Consequence: Gadave's dead. Amilia Noctis added topic 'Necromancer'.
    Player actions: Killing Gadave.
    Log5: "After Gadave Belaram's mad ravings about ending the world with his mighty undead legion, he attacked me, totally unexpected. I should report his death to Amilia Noctis and the Council."
    Dialogue:
    -

Chapter 1 Scene 6: Talkin'n to Amilia Noctis
    Trigger: Gadave's death.
    Consequence: Quest is finished, you are promoted.
    Player actions: Talkin'n to Amilia Noctis
    Log6: ""
    Dialogue:
    - Player401-Topic01: "Necromancer"
    - Amilia Noctis101-Answer01: "The Council is very pleased, especially with the method you used."
    - Amilia Noctis102-Answer01: "I am honored to promote you, as well as to grant you this gift of 2000 coins in the name of the Mages Council."
Full Story added.
Dialogue & Triggers added.
Most Excellent

Change this please... it gives a nice touch but I think its a bit over for ES

Gadave Belaram205-Answer01ab: "SILENCIO!"

Enjoy
Bob
It's not a spell, and whatever words JK Rowling made you believer were her's, it's latin. Actual latin. And I believe it fits, he's meant to be a bit over-the-top.
that sounds reasonable to me

:check:

Enjoy
Bob