Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Modeller for hire!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Moved from Skyrim for Oblivion board
Hello there!

My name is Tobias, but you can call me Tobi.
I've recently joined the Skyrim for Morrowind, but due to the activity, or the lack thereof, I figured I might as well join you guys as well, as I long to join a big mod with a lot of people on it.

Perhaps I should start of by telling you guys who I am:
As I said my name is Tobias and I live in Denmark. Last year I started on 3DCollege Denmark, which you can properly guess is an education about 3D. So I know how to texture and how to model. I've only tried modding for Oblivion once, on a mod called Keepers:The Project. It eventually died out, but I did make a dagger and got it to work ingame, however it was my first try and it didn't look very satisfying.
Here's a pic of it, nothing spectacular.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c280/T...-06-03.jpg

I would really like to join you guys, mostly to become a part of the community, and also to develop my talents at making game models, since I'm going for a career in game development.

You properly want to see some of the stuff I've done so far:
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c280/T...Portfolio/

my current project can be seen in my sig.

(note: I think these boards are kinda confusing, if I placed this tread in the wrong place, I'm sorry. Also could someone give me a couple of links to threads related to the model building of this project? Really, I've never joined a project on this scale)

(note2: I'm pretty busy by the way, I have to do a lot of coding at school, ans as I write this, I'm 60 pages behind, I have to make models for the Skyrim mod for Morrowind, I have to continue on that HEV suit in my sig, and I have to build a website for a friend.)
http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=110

That is the category where models and the like are displayed/talked about. However, this is the right place to post a "hello" topic.

I am not truely a member of the mod, just a fan who watches the boards regularly, but I can easily say that the services of a modeller would be appreciated. Modellers are worth their weight in gold for a mod. Regards.

By the way, nice stuff, that HEV suit looks like it came right out of HL.
Hi Tobi!

Going by what you wrote:

Quote:Originally posted by Tobi the Dane
I've recently joined the Skyrim for Morrowind, but due to the activity, or the lack thereof, I figured I might as well join you guys as well, as I long to join a big mod with a lot of people on it.

I'm inclined to believe you meant to post your thread elsewhere than on their board. I'm not as sure which other mod team you were referring to though, but I figured there was a pretty big chance it was our team - so I moved it to our Visual Development board. If I was mistaken just let me know I can move your thread elsewhere, but if I was right then welcome to Silgrad Tower =)

You mentioned you wanted information about how modelling for the team works. We've organized it by maintaining a thread of open modelling jobs, titled "Open jobs for modellers". A modeller picks a job that interests him by posting a reply in the thread. Once he's gotten underway he starts a thread on this board (Visual Development) where he posts screenshots and updates so he can get feedback on how the work is progressing. Finally he sends the models to me for review. If there's something wrong with them I'll describe the problem(s) and ask the modeller to remedy it, otherwise they're included in the next asset update. If you like you can check out a few of the threads here on the VD board to see how the process worked for others.

I checked out your portfolio and was especially interested in the castle screenshots. We have an open modelling job of a similar nature, listed in the open jobs for modellers thread as Imperial Fort [screenshot]. If you've played Morrowind I'm sure you'll recognize the design immediately. Would you be interested in taking on that modelling job? Otherwise there's plenty of other jobs listed in that thread and I'm sure one will suit you. =)
Thanks for the kind response Smile

By "join you guys as well" I actually meant the Skyrim for Oblivion mod, since I was familiar the the "sister project" Skyrim for Morrowind.
But to be honest, I just want to be where the most activity is, I don't want to join another project only to discover that there's only 2-3 guys active.

But I would be happy do do those Imperial fort sections for you anyway, looks like fun. However I won't be able to start on them right away. I have a lot of coding to do (boring school stuff) But I'm about 100 pages behind (literally)
I also have to work on that suit, it has to get done before February because I'm going to visit Valve around that time.

By the way, that castle set is crap, I did it in 5 weeks as a school project. I can do it much better now and much quicker, though I can't devote all my time to it this time.

But yeah, I would like to do those imperial fort sections.

Edit:
Oh, just found out you've got someone on the job already. That's fine. But what about those Common Imperial house buildings? I think I can do those.

Edit2: Either I'm really, really freaking tired or blind. I appears that you do not have anyone on the job for the imperial fort sections(however you do have a dev thread, an outdated one though).

You know, these forums are a lot more confusing that other forums I've been too Smile

But I'm still interested in either project, Imperial Fort sections or Imperial Common houses.
Howdy Tobi

Welcome to Silgrad

If your interested in ES3 as well I have a few open jobs which may just be quick fixes, but it would give you something to do right off

Need model textured (ES3)
Hlaalu Pieces needed for University

I have a 3rd which was archived casue it sat for so long, its to make building blocks, the same as the imperial rubble block just much smaller,
I'd be happy to give you the info if your interested

Enjoy
Bob
Well I can't do them right now, since my computer is broke. I can't do anything related to 3D on it, not even gaming. My graphics card died, I'm quite lucky that it actually starts up at all. Only the school computer works and since it's weekend, and me being home, I can't use it.

Your screenies on that university post doesn't work, but I think I know which one you're talking about. Making one is be pretty easy.

That model. It looks okay enough to texture. But I think I'm gonna need some reference, as I don't really know how you want it textured. There's many kinds of these water sprinklers.
Very Good

Sorry bout your PC

Just give me a PM when you feel you need something to do...its not anything that is priority, just nice to have

Thanks Much

Enjoy
Bob
Stealing our modelers Razorwing? Big Grin

Skyrim and most of the other BC projects need a complete imperial fort tileset, so if you did that everyone could benefit. :hugall:
I suppose that you want me to recreate the original Morrowind setpieces?
Is there any special buildings, or pieces, that you would like?
Alasdair: Nah, I wouldn't try to do that. Not that I think I would succeed even if I wanted to, I'm sure the steady modellers are already happy in their respective teams.

Tobi the Dane: Yes please, having exterior and interior pieces that look and work like the ones from TES3 - but with higher polycount - would be perfect. I can't think of any special fort model pieces we would need, but I'm sure suggestions will crop up as you develop it. If so it's up to you to say yay or nay to the suggestions because recreating the models from TES3 is always the main goal. I've been looking forward to remaking a fort I modded for TES3 so I'll follow your development eagerly Big Grin
Pages: 1 2