Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Main Quest Draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I didn't know if a mainquest was already being drafted, but I just had a few great ideas I wanted to share.

Synopsis:

After the death of the two remaining members of the Septim bloodline, the province of Morrowind is trying to regain it's autonomy. Before, Valderon was the symbol and leader of the Imperial influence and the unity of Morrowind. Now, his power and influence is fading and replaced by many 'disagreements' between the houses. Where previously Valderon managed to unite the houses by subtle shows of force, he now has little shows to give, subtle or no.

Tensions are running high, especially between the Redoran and the Hlaalu and small problems are resulting in assasinations. The first five quests would primarily be given by Valderon's lackeys and would be about keeping the Hlaalu and the Redoran happy. Example: After a Hlaalu noble dies, the Redoran demand an official investigation. As an outsider, you have the most objective view on this and you'll help the Silgrad Guardians.

After the fifth quest, in which Valderon (forced by political factors) grants mining rights to the Hlaalu of a location the Redoran have been eyeing for a long time. This is the moment in which the destiny of Morrowind is decided, and this is also the moment negotiations become impossible. The Hlaalu Ambassador is assasinated. Things escalate, riots break out in the streets between Hlaalu and Redoran supporters.

Then, King Helseth appears in the game to mediate between the Houses. King Helseth and the leaders of house Redoran, house Hlaalu and house Telvanni meet in the most official building. Not much is known of what happened at the meeting, but what is known is this: King Helseth never left alive and both the leaders of house Telvanni and house Hlaalu swear the Redoran leader was responsible for Helseth's death.

Valderon reluctantly makes an agreement with House Telvanni, and vows to regain unity between the Houses. By intimidating both House Redoran and House Hlaalu with military prowess, he manages to keep the Dunmer from all-out-war.

Quests 6 to 11 revolve around the calm before the storm. Most of your missions are around talking to the representatives of the three Houses.

After Quest 11 (which revolves around investigating Helseth's backstory), Barenziah will appear out of nowhere to lead the Hlaalu into war. With Barenziah's political influence, power and money she has amassed forces greater than those of Valderon and house Redoran.

Barenziah refuses to negotiate and immediately proceeds with attacking the Redoran army outside the Soluthis gates. The Redoran lose miserably. Valderon, believing unity is only possible if the Hlaalu armies are defeated, takes in the remainder of the Redoran forces, including the Redoran leader.

Barenziah, who previously didn't want a conflict with Valderon, now feels forced to attack Silgrad City, before she can get to the one she believes is her sons killer.

In the quests 12 through 14 you'll be doing quests in Silgrad City, which is at that moment besieged - making it impossible to exit the city -, so expect alot of fire, fighting & screaming.

When quest 15 starts, Valderon tells you the Hlaalu forces have entered the Palace and are two minutes away from your current position.

In the room are Valderon, the Redoran leader and the Telvanni leader.

Barenziah: "Valderon, I have come to claim the life of my sons killer!"
Valderon: "Barenziah, please understand! If you murder %RedoranLeaderName% the Redoran will never forgive the Hlaalu, peace and unity would be impossible!"
Barenziah: "Oh, but Valderon, you misunderstand me. I am not here for %RedoranLeaderName%, I'm here for %TelvanniLeaderName%.
TelvanniLeader: "What is this nonsense?!"
Valderon: "Silence, let her speak!"
Barenziah: "After the battle at Soluthis I figured it out. %RedoranLeaderName% didn't murder my son, though he remembers doing it. You see, Valderon, the Telvanni murdered my son."
Valderon: "How so?"
Barenziah: "The Telvanni forces were too weak to conquer Morrowind, but if they managed to throw the three most powerful factions in a war, they could destroy any who survived. %TelvanniLeaderName% managed to kill my son, and then manipulated the memory of %RedoranLeaderName% and %HlaaluLeaderName%."
Valderon: "What is your evidence for this, Queen?"
Barenziah: "I uncovered this plot when I interrogated %RedoranLeaderName%, yes, I captured him. When he told me, under torture, that he killed my son I was able to sense the magic. For now, however, the reason you should trust me, Valderon, is that a Telvanni ambassador betrayed your city."
[All eyes turn towards the Telvanni leader]
TelvanniLeader: Well played, Barenziah, well played! Let's hope your epiphany came in time to stop the Telvanni forces currently besieging Soluthis.
- The Telvanni leader transports away -

Valderon and Barenziah talk, and decide to send you in, you're Valderon's best agent, with a little backup to execute the Telvanni Leader in (still working on the location...) his big Sky Castle ( Wink ). You go there, do the necessary action and bring the Telvanni's head back to Valderon. Thus endeth the Morrowind civil war and thus is the player named Honorary Knight of Silgrad (or something Wink )

Tell me what you think....

Thanx,
Cuthalion
I think it would be best not to hinge the main story on events that took place in TES4: Oblivion. It would just complicate it unnecessarily for players whom are at different stages of the main game's story. Smile
Thier is s proposed main quest for silgrad, it is currently on hold and needs to be reviewed

Cuthalion: I will copy it all and send it to you to look at your welcome to make suggestions, comments etc etc

I'm moving this Idea to QD

Smile

Enjoy
Bob
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I think it would be best not to hinge the main story on events that took place in TES4: Oblivion. It would just complicate it unnecessarily for players whom are at different stages of the main game's story. Smile

If you start Oblivion, the Emporer will already be dead. And the text that Martin died won't be on screen Wink

I finished it!
Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

If you start Oblivion, the Emporer will already be dead. And the text that Martin died won't be on screen Wink

I finished it!

You wrote "After the death of the two remaining members of the Septim bloodline, the province of Morrowind is trying to regain it's autonomy." which seems to set the stage for the following events in your draft to occur after the deaths of Uriel and Martin.
True, but if you don't show such information on the screen the player won't think that far.
True, but if you don't show such information on the screen the player won't think that far.

Yes but nonetheless our mod does not take place after the events of TES4 because if it did we would either have to close off our mod until the player has completed the TES4 main quest, or invite unnecessary problems to make it compatible with both pre- and post-TES4 main quest players. Some may think "But who hasn't completed the main quest?" Well I know I've restarted the game to play through it again at least five times since I first got it, and completing the TES4 main quest all over again isn't my main priority with my new player characters. It is so much simpler to just discard the TES4 main quest's bearing on our own main quest.
Yeah, but Razorwing, it's quite irrelevant since whether Martin lives or not, the Imperial influence incredibly dropped everywhere. The old emperor died, and not one of his expected successors actually successes him, chaos is bound to ensue in both cases. I personally don't think this could be called storyline-breaking, or some such....
How about something like:

Events at the Empire's core have shaken the very foundation of Tamriel, leaving the outlying provinces to fend for themselves. In this new, chaotic environment, the ever-restive Dunmer of Morrowind seek to regain their autonomy.

That is true from the instant the character leaves the sewer pipe.

Just a thought,
Steve
Yeah, but Razorwing, it's quite irrelevant since whether Martin lives or not, the Imperial influence incredibly dropped everywhere. The old emperor died, and not one of his expected successors actually successes him, chaos is bound to ensue in both cases. I personally don't think this could be called storyline-breaking, or some such....

I understand the concerns that might arise, but I do have to agree with the above comment. It should not matter. Once the Emporer is killed and
with the on-going attacks against Cryrodiil it is enevitable that the imperial forces would dwindle within the morrowind province. The Dunmer would (expecially the Redoran) take the opportunity to gain control over previously imperial controlled areas including supporters of those imperial rulers.

AND though I have not played through yet and do not know the status of Helseth during this time, I am not too sure about bringing him or Barenziah into the game

Enjoy
Bob
Pages: 1 2