Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Sam's Painting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is my first model, I made it a painting of Uriel Septim from some wood textures from Sketchup and a screenshot. I know it's pretty basic, but hey, first model, remember?Smile Hopefully someone will find use for it, maybe in an Imperial home or something.
[Image: urieley3.th.jpg]
My NifSkope is acting up, it won't allow compressed textures, so I couldn't convert it; I'll leave that up to someone with the proper tools. Right now it's 3DS or OBJ.
not bad for a first try. It is, however that:

1.It's fotorealistic
2.He's in the jail, last time I checked, there weren't any painters down there.

If you wnat, Ican mkae you a new texture.
Yeah, you're right. I'll try to find a better image and apply some sort of effect to it to make look painted.:banana: I think that my NifSkope problem has to do with Vista, so I'll retry in an XP Vm.
I'm not sure if you're using Photoshop or GIMP, but here's a couple of ideas. I had noticed the dungeon, but hadn't thought about the photo effect.

- Cut out Uriel from that photo with an equivalent of GIMP's intelligent scissors and overlay him on a throne-roon scene or something else more regal.
- Paintings in OB have a striated canvas effext. There may be a tool to create that, but another possible approach would be to get a coarse burlap-type texture, lessen its opacity so it can barely be seen, and overlay that on the painting.

The input of real texturers welcome,
Steve
Ok, thanks. I'm using GIMP to apply the clothify effect, to make the painting look painted. I cut out his head and put it on a wavy blue background like I usually see in paintings of counts.
Not bad for a first try, Sam. Smile

You should try to get hold of a real program if you want to pursue modelling though. I prefer 3D Studio Max, but Blender and Maya are good choices too and all three can export directly to nif. (But as far as I know basically any program that can export to .obj can be used, it's just a lot more work.)