Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: City; Lilmoth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Lilmoth Development will be posted here.

Lilmoth is a plantation city. There is an Imperial Mansion in which the nim-witted Governor lives, a few Imperial authorities, some Kleptocratic Loyalists, very few Royal Court Lobbyists, and some fortunate Argonian servents. The rest of the city consists of run down lower class shacks, a market full of fruits, and fields that blanket the surrounding land. To the east of Lilmoth across the river, less then a hundred yards away from the lower class shacks is the only living testament of pre-imperial occupancy. This is an ancient temple built by the Kothrogi and used by the Argonians as a temple for worship of the hist. This is also the headquarters of the Royal Court. The Royal Court wishes to return to the "old ways" They are more conservative then the Kleptocrats, and would like to see their Argonian brothers released from captivity. Though slavery is not present in Lilmoth, poverty is, and it is evident who the minority is. Needless to say the majority of the population, the poverty stricken Argonians are most loyal to the Royal Court. This is mostly the result of the Kleptocratic influence on the idiot of a Governor.

The Orchards of Lilmoth bare many fruit, and here are some screen shots.

Close up of an Exotic Fruit Tree
The Exotic Fruit Tree
Markets
The Lower Class Shacks
New Coconut Ingredent

Gratitudes to SACarrow for the shack models. Thanks Big Grin
Wow, looks great bud!
Keep it up! :goodjob:
Looking goood! =D
I don't know how much of the city that shows, but thats a lot of shacks, which means a lot of interiors... which potentially means they could get rather boring to player to explore, as it were...

Still looks good, just thought I'd point out the possible logistical problems of having that many shacks... Is that a shack model you've made yourself or is it a vanilla model? If so are there any variations?
Really awesome bud!!! :yes: :goodjob:
That shack model was made by SacArrow of Silgrad Tower. He gave us permission to use. That is all the shacks there. I wanted to give the feeling of a large plantation with MANY workers. I don't expect the player to thoroughly inspect each shack. Each shack will have one-three Argonians living it it however, each with a schedule to go farm at different times, and to go to the temple at different times. Most of the NPCs will be for atmosphere and realism, and a few will play a part in the story-line. After all, they are loyalist of a very important game faction.

Thank you for the questions, comments, and suggestions. Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by llamaranger
Is that a shack model you've made yourself or is it a vanilla model? If so are there any variations?

I'll take that one. Big Grin

Grey is using my shack tileset, which in ST is seen mostly in and around Ebbedin. If there are concerns about the "sameness" of the shacks, there are a few things that can be done if desired:

- The base model has a mid section (with a couple of minor variants) that can be repeated, so shacks can have different lengths,
- There is a "Fatleg" variant now that is designed to be used for stores and more important shacks,
- Some of the shacks could be placed over the water using platforms,
- There are awnings, chimneys and other pieces of exterior decor to break up the look a little.

Just some ideas for consideration,
Steve
It looks great :goodjob:
There you have it. As SacArrow said, there are numerous possibilities for variation, However I wanted to make all the shacks look very much the same. It's like many suburban areas of today. The intent was not to make each shack unique when they were built, the intent was to give the Argonians a place to live as quick as possible. Therefore they were built rather quick, and all on the same floor plan.

Edit: Oh yeah, and my other excuse is I'm lazy. Tongue
It's ok, my mansion model will make up for it. That and a few other little treats I'll throw in. Wink

Edit2: Here's the beginning of the Mansion model.
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3152/tempcn7.jpg

Edit2Tongue: Coconuts!
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8840/tempep2.jpg
Maybe this is a stupid question... but will the Lilmothiit fox race live in and near Lilmoth? :confused:
Pages: 1 2 3 4