Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: New Dunmer foodstuffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Dunmer have a rather limited selection of foodstuffs. It was limited in TES3 as well in my opinion, and we already have all the edible things from that game in our mod. I often find myself tempted to use non-Dunmer foodstuffs, like Lady Eternity's apples and pears, and sometimes even foodstuffs from Oblivion but I rarely succumb to the latter.

The only remedy to the problem seems to be that we invent new things for their menus! Big Grin

I'm very interested in modelling them, but I'm short on good ideas. So if you feel like it, please pitch your best ideas for new Dunmer foodstuffs. Be as specific as possible please since I'll have to picture it in my head to be able to model it. The only rule of thumb I can think of is that it can't be anything that feels normal and mundane, since Dunmer appetites seem to lean towards the... bizarre.
Agreed

I think some of the reason that the varity was not available in ES3 was because their were really no farm animals in Morrowind, Several Mods were released which added varieties of fish and small game and some vegitation. Most of the Dunmer diet seemed to consist of Kwana Eggs, Slaughterfish and some various plants. They must have Iron Stomachs

In Silgrad Morrowind we have Apples, Oranges, Pears, Watermelon, Corn, Onions & several different cakes

The Corn could have been alittle different Cobbed Corn instead of yellow textured moonsugar & the cakes were just different variations of bread and sload soap

Being on boarders of Cryodiil and Skyrim I would expect their to be more import of meats, the Dunmer may or may not take to this change in diet, but the Imperials and Nords would glady enjoy food from home

We would need to know the types of food available in those regions and introduce them into Morrowind

Enjoy
Bob
Hmmmm.......There food has to be a bit nuts and something other races would not eat. How about a nice lean piece of Silt Strider. A nice fat piece of Silt Strider meat.

Maybe some mundane stuff like apples and pears etc.....Most races seem to eat those,
I like Bob's idea of including some Skyrim ingredients for the Nord contingent. Here is a thread from that board for consideration. And though I felt some everyday ingredients in ST:TES3 were a bit out of place, their inclusion in Oblivion now makes them reasonable as symbolic of Imperial influence.

Steve
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
I like Bob's idea of including some Skyrim ingredients for the Nord contingent. Here is a thread from that board for consideration. And though I felt some everyday ingredients in ST:TES3 were a bit out of place, their inclusion in Oblivion now makes them reasonable as symbolic of Imperial influence.

Steve
Best idea I've heard in a long time. Smile I think there should be cliffracers on the menu; Jiub drove them from Vvardenfell, so there should be an absolute surplus on the mainland.
Another thought is items prepared from MW ingredients: wickwheat bread, saltrice pudding and so on. Alchemical properties can be modified based on what one thinks that the preparation process would affect. Properties might be augmented, diminished or destroyed by cooking.

Steve
And some good cook books are needed !!

Smile

Enjoy
Bob
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
And some good cook books are needed !!

Smile

Enjoy
Bob
That's a great idea. Smile
wickwheat pie
It's safe to say this thread got away from me. Sorry for the belated replies Blush

bob196045: I think you raise several good points. Yeah, their cuisine feels like it's one peg above grass and twigs Big Grin

Do we know that Slaughterfish are edible though? There's plenty of fishermen in Morrowind but I can't recall ever seeing caught slaughterfish in the main game. The ingredient they yield isn't edible, not that that would be evidence the fish as a whole isn't edible. Personally I figure the intention was that the fishermen caught other kinds of fish that just weren't in the game. There's a famous fisherman outside the Imperial City in Oblivion that engages in catching slaughterfish -- however it would seem he's catching them for their scales, or at least that's what the quest is about. Overall I like to think of Slaughterfish as Elder Scrolls brand of piranhas, and maybe the devs did too when they came up with it. I kinda think piranhas are the epitome of dangerous fish, so it's probably not a stretch of the imagination. If that's true I think it can go a long way towards explaining why they didn't treat Slaughterfish as edible. However - I could very well be completely wrong and welcome a discussion about it Smile

I was able to port Lady Eternity's apple and pear, but not the other ones. I don't like the apple much, but I use it anyway. The pear looks wonderful though and so does many of her other foodstuffs I haven't ported. I think she baked the textures into most of her foodstuff nifs, which I'm sure made perfect sense but to the best of my knowledge it makes them impossible to get to. Nifskope can't make heads or tails of the foodstuff nifs in Morrowind\Data Files\Meshes\LadyE\ (save for the pear).

Corn could be an interesting idea. I think Baal's corn stalk looks too bad for me to want to use it, but I could probably make a new one.

SACarrow: We could sure use our own line of breads, so I might very well take you up on the idea of wickwheat bread. How did you envision a saltrice pudding foodstuff though?

rara23: I dunno, wickwheat is sortof like wheat, so in processed form it would be a kind of flour.
Pages: 1 2