Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: News thread on ESF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to let you guys know that us in the core have hammered out a news post that was just published on ESF.
-> http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index....pic=782691

We plan to post more news and updates to the thread as they unfold. Everyone here is welcome to post news about their jobs in that thread, but only if you want to. Smile
Nice thread, Gloomwing Wink .

EDIT: I had some time on my hands so I created this (with the help of TrollF): 1280 / 1024.

We could use it as 'offcial' wallpaper until someone really talented comes along Wink
Does that mean you're going to wait with the release of ST v3.0 until all interiors from the cities are done?
What about the region generating? Are you going to wait until someone claims that region or are you going to generate those regions by yourselves?
Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
Does that mean you're going to wait with the release of ST v3.0 until all interiors from the cities are done?

I don't think the thread said that, but I guess it's always an option. We are still in the Alpha stage, however, so that's something to keep in mind.

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
What about the region generating? Are you going to wait until someone claims that region or are you going to generate those regions by yourselves?

Probably wait a while for people to claim the regions, then if no has showed any interest, we in the core can either generate the regions completely, or generate placeholders for just the release. Even placeholders are preferable to nothing. Confusedhrug: There's still a lot of other tasks that need doing.
Personally I don't think modding all interiors in our cities should be a criteria for v3. That will likely take a very long time to do, and in one way I think it should because it leaves room for modding new quests. One can certainly mod quests even if all interiors are finished by using existing NPCs but it's probably better if one can set up the home(s) and NPCs just like one intended for the quest. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think unfinished interiors would neither be good nor bad.

Cuthalion: I like the wallpaper Smile Unfortunately the part of the city it shows was wiped clean a while back when I remade the palace location. The rest of the city will be transformed over time as well, to different extents as I finalize it and divide it into more worldspaces.