Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Ra’Ra’Ra the Legendary Cat; Third Ra’ of Legend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[A series of myths and stories about the Khajjit remembered only as Ra'Ra'Ra, recorded by the Scholar Helrius Ronta in the years from 3E 234 to 3E 237, taken from the oral stories passed down by Khajiiti Shaman. It is said that the differnt clans have differnt stories of Ra'Ra'Ra, some even proclaiming him (or her, in some accounts) to be some sort of Devil created by the Aldmer to trick the Khajiiti Clans. At any rate, this version is one of the widest accepted versions of the Series.]

Ra’Ra’Ra the Legendary Cat - Author; Helrius Ronta.

Ra’Ra’Ra the Legendary cat,
Fought Topal from the Nibenay shores,
And was Stealthy hunter of the Demon Bat,
Long live his mighty paws.

Third Ra’ of Legend

Ra’Ra'Ra' who had fought in this world for such a long time now, that his fur had turned grey, and his whiskers grown longer than the Sugar Cane, looked upon this world, which was both old and young at the same time, (twelve differnt times young and old infact), and listened to it's sound, but he did not hear anything but the Doom Drum slowly beating upon this world. He did not hear the sound of the wind. He did not hear the sound of his Clan kittens, or the calls from his Mates out across the sands. He only heard the ever closing Doom Drum.

Ra'Ra'Ra' listened elsewhere for a tune to please his ears, and from the Blackened-Blanket that smothered this existence, he heard the wing beat of a Great Demon Bat, whose soul was that of a Green (and sometimes Red, and when both, sometimes called ATNAS) Beast who devoured the minds of Mortals, and spat out their cruelty back upon the beatiful body of Nirni, spreading evil where it landed. But among the Wing Beat, he also heard a splendorous melody that made love to his ancient ears, drawing him into it's world. It was then that Ra'Ra'Ra' knew that this secret tune should be for all to hear, not to be kept in the belly of a horid beast of sin.

And so Ra'Ra'Ra with his hunting stealth, took to following this monster, until it lead him into a world where all was dead and barren, the seas filled with death, and blood paintings on the walls of life.
Ra'Ra'Ra' looked down at his feat, and saw a lifeless, shadow of Nirni looking back at him, as if all love had left her, and that she would never be loved again; like both of her lovers had fled back into the world of before-all, and left her in the cold to rot. Ra'Ra'Ra' wept for Nirni, but still she did not wake. Ra'Ra'Ra' felt numb, lost, and alone; the beasts around him eating his tears and feeding upon his soul.

But then Ra'Ra'Ra' smelt the stench of his prey (which the beast and his minions knew not of, for they lacked the Feline smell learnt only from ancestors), and lept from his place of darkness, slashing open the belly of Lyg (now Bal), unleashing Music into the world, sending Ra'Ra'Ra' back into the world that he loved so, and Nirni his lover and Mate. They danced in the moonlight to Ra'Ra'Ra's newly discovered secret. All was well, and all were happy.

This is how Music was stolen.

[Traditionally this is a story told on the 25th of Evening Star, 5 days after the summoning day of Molag Bal (both because 5 days should be taken before speaking ill of a Prince, and because Bal should be mocked on a day when all is merry), and on the day of celebrating Saturalia, or as the Khajiit call it, Azzzraztyssztux (which there has yet to be a proper translation for). Alongside the story being told, often preformers will dress up as Ra'Ra'Ra' (who wears golden whiskers, and beats upon a big drum), and Lyg (who adorns Red and Green body paint, wearing many bells representing Alkosh). Often gifts are given afterwards, celebrating Ra'Ra'Ra' giving Music to the world.]

------------

Third in the series, about how Ra'Ra'Ra' hunts down the Demon Bat that is Lyg, predecessor of Molag Bal, rips open his stomach, and frees/steals the music inside so that all can hear it's beauty. Consider this an early Christmas present from me, to the Elsweyr team Smile
Fantastic as always :goodjob:
Hmmm, Christmas references? Eh? Saturnalia too?

I like it though, it's well written with close attention to detail and flow, and I love this storyline you have going. Very nice.
Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Hmmm, Christmas references? Eh? Saturnalia too?

I like it though, it's well written with close attention to detail and flow, and I love this storyline you have going. Very nice.

It's Saturalia, not Saturnalia, in the ES world, an actual TES holiday from Daggerfall.
That's neat!

Just a few teeny things:

- in the first paragraph second line there's a typo with 'different'
- in 1P 3L it should say "in fact" as it's two words

- 2P 4L should say Wing Beats, or alternatively "amongst the Wing Beat"
- 2P last line, horrid has two r's

- 3P 2L needs to say something like "blood paintings adorned the walls of life"
- 3P 3L should be 'feet' not 'feat'
- 3P 4L says "like both of her lovers had fled back into the world of before-all". Do you mean to say "lovers who had fled"?

- 4P 1L the word 'smelt' is seldom used in writing in that sense (even though that's how we pronounce it here), consider using 'smelled'
- 4P 2L should be 'leapt'

- In the final paragraph in brackets, the word 'five' should be written in full instead of the numeral (numbers less than ten should be written like this in literature, essays and other formal things), and there's a typo in the word 'performers' on line 4

Also, semi colons need to be used in place of commas in some places but I'm not going through that because a) no one is likely to notice and b) it's 2.30am. Oh and the main reason, c), because I can't be bothered with so much typing =)

I only proof read this because I liked it by the way so don't be alarmed. I don't really read literature for the mods here. Apologies if anything I mentioned was intentional too =)
Ah, thought it said Saturnalia, like the Roman holiday (which is pretty much Christmas without Jesus)