Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Beyond Recruitment sub Forum in the Common Room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Been wonderin how to attract new modders to specific tasks from our internal ranks? Hows about dividin the Common Room so that:

there is a general discussion re mutual topics general = pretty much what we have already;

and a second forum specifically so that if anyone has a need for a specific skill re a model/tex animation - concept art, tile set, mayor, whatever it can be advertised here?

It might give people more mobility internally and create a more relaxed atmosphere for those who enjoy a specific task and want to keep clear of other stuff? And that should keep people fresher and be good for morale.
Good idea, I hope it sees fruitition.
When people have recovered from their celebrations and stuff we will see
What might be good would be a subforum which displayed all the topics from each individual project's visual development board, rather than a totally new subforum. I don't know if that's even possible though...
that's another topic alasdair ... p[lease edit or start a new thread

This is about finding a way to assist project leaders to find the people who have the skills and time on their hands to get each job done as needed
No it isn't, my suggestion is just an simple way of implementing what you suggest. For example, project leaders will post requests and jobs in their respective visual development forums, therefore a forum that displays all the content from all the various visual development boards will show all the visual development claims for all the projects. You could then do the same thing for interior claims, exterior claims etc.

The system you propose with two separate boards would involve duplication of threads, as I would need to post my request threads in two sections, Skyrim and Beyond Recruitment. This would make it tedious to edit claim threads (and claim threads often get edited lots). Inconsistency between two claiming threads could become a real problem with these beyond recruitment threads. As it stands, the idea you present in the OP is unworkable, and probably not worth the effort.
k - cogent analysis Alasdair - would have been a useful addition to your first post.

thing is that you are assuming that Vis Dev would be the only location for claims ...

so what is your solution for the following: no one picks up on various claims on your board, or the claim is for sound - literature, concept art etc ... ?
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
so what is your solution for the following: no one picks up on various claims on your board, or the claim is for sound - literature, concept art etc ... ?
I was just using visual development as an example because it's usually modelers and texturers who like to do just one thing, whereas many CS modders stick to their favorite projects. Writers and artists also seem to be drawn to one project that interests them. My solution to people not picking up claims on my board is usually to complete the claim myself. Wink
well hows about an Urgent claims board then with each project allowed x number of claims at any one time? Forgive me but i am not the giving up type =)
The oldest thread on the first page of this board was last posted to in the summer of 2007, so I seriously doubt it needs sub-boards. Sub-boards are great for organizing volumes of threads but if there's not enough threads to go around it'll just make it harder to find the information one wants. Besides I think we have a terrific forum search here, if someone wants to know aboutAkaviri books it's easy as pie to find info about that. Or just run model to see what the modellers in various teams are up to.
Pages: 1 2