Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Quest Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I couldn't really see anywhere else to put this-

First off, good job on this mod! One of the few landmass mods that I've actually kept.

Anyways, I've gotten to the part where Lord Areya had given me a quest to go to the Sakatosh Ancestral Tomb and talk to a captain who established a camp nearby. I used the coc command to go to Silgrad Tower, and made my way on foot from there. After trudging around, I finally saw the tomb. I didn't go in, and I went to some Redoran I saw standing nearby. They informed me that the man I was sent to talk to was around the corner in some abandoned ruins. When I got there, there was nothing there. I looked up in the CS, and I saw that I was in the right place. I don't know what I did wrong, and I'd like to know if I had missed something, or if maybe something is wrong with my download (It's the recent, updated copy on Morrowind Summit).

Thanks for your time.

Also, I'd like to point out that I'm not an experienced modder, and I'm not sure what I could be able to contribute here.
Hello MercZ, and welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

I wish I could be more helpful, but all I can say is that I'm sure the quest worked when I submitted it, especially if you got it straight from Areya. But even if the second group of NPCs are missing I hope you can still continue on down into the tomb. I'm crossing my fingers the quest still works even if you skip that step with the second group of NPCs... I think it will, but I'm not sure. If it doesn't I hope the little romp through the tomb can still be entertaining.
It could have with the NPC to do.
If he has the "wander" AI pack, he could've got to another cell and then disappeared. If not that, then i don't know of any other way he could disappear on.

~1337:elk:
Quote:Originally posted by 1337Elite
It could have with the NOC to do.
If he has the "wander" AI pack, he could've got to another cell and then disappeared. If not that, then i don't know of any other way he could disappear on.

No, I don't have an AI pack. The thing is, nothing shows up. The yurt, the table where the captain is, nothing. I'll try doing it on foot. The COC command may have broken the script.
Um, I mean the NPC.. Does the NPC have an AI package?
It's in the game. Not a plugin.
Well the tables couldn't just walk away, but I think it has with the maximum reference count of the cell.

I'll make sure to use the RA command once I have time to play Morrowind. If all comes down to worst, I'll just have to use the placeatpc command, and see how things work out.
If I recall correctly the player is supposed to get a journal entry when Areya gives him the quest. That journal entry causes certain things to appear in the world around the site where the tomb is. Likewise those things are set to vanish sometime after the quest is completed. So, if they don't appear that would either be caused by a lacking journal entry or because the quest is broken. If it turns out to be because the quest is broken, it wasn't that way when I submitted it.
I spawned the captain, and talked to him from there. Everything else in the quest worked as it should have. I'm still not sure why the captain or the camp didn't spawn, but more than likely I might have had a mod in my load list that messed with the quest.
Quote:Originally posted by MercZ
I spawned the captain, and talked to him from there. Everything else in the quest worked as it should have. I'm still not sure why the captain or the camp didn't spawn, but more than likely I might have had a mod in my load list that messed with the quest.

I'm relieved to hear that Smile