Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: St Obmm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are your thoughts on distributing Silgrad Tower in TimeSlip's Oblivion Mod Manager format? I think it would be a good idea.
A long time ago Razorwing and I discussed this subject.

The next release will be an OMOD version.
I've had second thoughts about this.:bananarock: Of course, it's your decision, not mine. Here's why:
When you make an OMOD, you must compress it into an OMOD file. This takes quite a deal of memory to get a small file (High compression ratio) and even with my 4GB system it took a while. That shouldn't be a problem, though, since it must only be done once, and by the mod maker. But if you want a small file, you'll need to use high compression, which will take a while to unpack on the client-side. With most archives, this wouldn't be a problem, since it must only be done once. But OBMM's "Activating and disabling" a mod is the same as unpacking/deleting all the files in the archive. I tried The Lost Spires on Very High compression and it took 5-10 minutes to unpack. You could, of course, use a lower level of compression, but that would lead to a large file size. It will be improtant to find a good balance between file size and usability. Thank you for listening. It might just be simpler to achieve OMOD-like ease of deletion/activation by using a BSA file for all data.
Bump...read, guys?
So this thread is not about the latest Dunmer beatified by the former Tribunal Temple, St. Obmm, patron saint of conflict avoidance and archive overriding?