Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: So you see a virus on the board...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Or maybe it's spyware. You don't know. But right now, neither do we. Sad

Many people have reported this, but nobody in the Core can reproduce it, so we need much info to even have a shot. So please, everyone, we need the following info exactly:

- Browser being used, with version (The About box is your friend) Smile
- OS being used, with SP level if applicable.
- Anti-virus or -spyware software being used, with version.
- The exact message your software brings up; a screen shot would be loverly.
- The precise thread(s) where this happens; if it can be narrowed down to a post, bonus.

If we do not have this info, we cannot help you. We want to help you, 'cause the more people read, the more interest that must exist. But without that info, we have no chance of helping you.

Thank you,
A minor member of The Management
My stats (internet comp).

Windows XP SP2 latest security updates installed (December 17th, 2007).
Norton Internet Security 2005 (NIS) spyware (latest update installed)
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.011

I reinstalled my virus software and after scanning (*) the whole drive, no virus detected.

(*)Before I started, I browsed a number of ST threads and edited a few of my own posts.

Further I checked (after NIS) for spyware with Spybot, also nothing to report.
Heard about problems dealing with viruses awhile ago which made me reluctant to come here. I'm using Firefox (2.0.0.11) with NoScript, and other than sometimes getting a blocked script coming from Extra.hu I haven't seen anything really malicious pop up.

The script trying to come in from Extra.hu concerns me a bit though, cause I don't remember it being around before. Or not noticing it.
It wasn't aground before.. And I've also noticed it.
Visiting extra.hu tells me nothing because I'm not any good at Hungarian..
And the script tries to run in every tread (that I've visited)

(nothing else to add to what Ryu Doppler said)
The script from Extra.hu has gone away as far as I can see.. (there is no blocked scripts and I've certainly not allowed Extra.hu, whatever it is.)