Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Harvest(Flora)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone for the idea of making ST's flora harvesting Harvest(Flora) style? You know, when the flora changes appearance after you harvest it. I use this for Oblivion, but when I go to ST it isn't the same because it does not change the flora. I think it would be more realistic because the flower petals or leaves would disappear upon harvest of some certain plants.
I think it would be hard, primarily because we can't take into account what other mods do to the game. But if they're ok with us borrowind their code, and it's feasible to incorporate it, why not? I'm sure I could make the model variations in a day. Can you check up their TOS, Sam?
I didn't find the TOS, so I left a comment asking if we could use it. It says that it works by making a NIF animation.
Well, I haven't got a response yet.
:bananarock:
But anyway, it says that the newer version uses NIF animations to [instantly] change the flora when you harvest ingredients from it. Older versions used a simple disable-upon-activate method to disable the old model and have an "initially disabled" second plant with the harvested form in the exact same place. So, when you activate/harvest it, the non-harvested version gets disabled and the harvested model gets enabled in its place. Of course, this method would require seperate models for harvested and non-harvested versions. Another way, that the "lite" versions of the mod use, is to simply disable the entire plant upon activation. This wouldn't need seperate models, but would be far less realistic. What do you think?
its its possible and minimal hassle, i say yay!