Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: "Crowded Cities" Silgrad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have an idea. What if we could make ST have "Crowded cities?" I got this idea from the OB mod "Crowded cities." I am not sure if it is even possible, but we could have a combination of scripts and leveled lists to place completely random NPCs in our cities. Somebody could incorporate the name generator from our website to give them each a random name. The NPCs would be spawned at a point in the city and would stay for a while in a hotel and then leave to Elsweyr or something. They could travel from city to city. There could also be traveling merchants, like the mod tamriel travellers. It would definately be a big attraction for players. If Sandor or Razorwing think it might work, I could look for a way to make random NPCs. The thing is, it might require OBSE. I'll give a look, though.
I believe that having a lot of people wandering about the city is a good idea, because it's more realistic that way. However I believe, rather than making it full of random people, let's just do what Oblivion failed to do, and make families. I find that the reason cities were so empty in Oblivion was because there were relatively no families.
Quote:Originally posted by Sam324
I have an idea. What if we could make ST have "Crowded cities?" I got this idea from the OB mod "Crowded cities." I am not sure if it is even possible....

.....to place completely random NPCs in our cities.
It's possible, I would use a script.

The NPCs would be spawned at a point in the city and would stay for a while in a hotel and then leave to Elsweyr or something. They could travel from city to city.
The spawning point shouldn't be visible for the player.
We could use a ferry for that.

There could also be traveling merchants, like the mod Tamriel travellers. It would definately be a big attraction for players. If Sandor or Razorwing think it might work, I could look for a way to make random NPCs. The thing is, it might require OBSE. I'll give a look, though.
I like your ideas so please have a look.
Thanks for your support, guys! I am okay with scripting, but not too advanced. I think I have it figured out. We could use a "PlaceatPC" function to make the NPCs (Leveled lists) spawn near a certain object. We just need to know which object. Where would it be more natural? They could spawn in the border of <Insert province here> and leave somewhere else for the "Travelers." Tamriel Travelers has traveling merchants that go from city to city, and you can find them on the roads.
Quote:Originally posted by Steinaech
I believe that having a lot of people wandering about the city is a good idea, because it's more realistic that way. However I believe, rather than making it full of random people, let's just do what Oblivion failed to do, and make families. I find that the reason cities were so empty in Oblivion was because there were relatively no families.
Actually, we could also manually place NPCs in cities, but the thing is, they need homes. It wouldn't be fair to ask previous claims' modders to make more NPCs, but we could try and make it a policy to make entire families in the homes of new claims. Of course, that raises the question of how we would make children. They would, I assume, need a custom race and custom mesh to be short and look different. What do you think?

P.S. They probably didn't place more people in Oblivion because it would be too hard to make dialogue, AI, etc. And homes. So that's why I think that families in the same home would be a good idea. They could have generic dialogue for each race and generic AI packages for the random travellers.
Yea, diologue for familes doesn't have to be very extensive, but we should at least make it so that they realize they are married, meaning, when the player talks to them about certain things, they acknowledge the fact that they have a husband/wife.

As for children, while it would be nice, I don't think it's as crucial. I heard moDems city life mod had children in it, maybe he would let us "steal" some assets for those.
If we just had children models, it would be possible. Actually, the claim I'm working on has a husband and wife who acknowledge each other. But I still think that traveling merchants would be a good idea. If I could get Sandor's permission to make an ESP, we could help the "Fleshed out" feeling of the mod's exterior regions with the travelling merchants.
I wouldn't mind making a handfull of NPC's. I kinda like doing it anyway.
Great. If you feel up to it, you could compile an ESP containing lots of merchant NPCs of different classes. They should have AI to travel the countryside of Silgrad, or you can leave the AI to me. Your choice.

I don't think the Crowded Cities would be possible, since everyone needs a home (to be realistic). If it is okay to be a little unrealistic, we could have the crowders be homeless wanderers, but I guess that's up to Razorwing or Sandor.

How about this: You make a bunch of diversely classed NPCs for traders, and I'll handle the job of placing them and telling them where to go. Would that be ok?
Yea that'll be fine. I'm no good at AI >.< All I can do is make an NPC able to barter with. So how many do you want me to make?
How does twenty sound? You can make them have different specializations, maybe five for each. They can have combat, magic, or stealth skills and items. The other five (this is inspired from tamriel travellers) can be Rogues, which will buy stolen items. When you're done you can post it here so I can finish the AI and placement. If you want to do dialogue, you can, or you could leave that to me. If you're going to do it, you could make generic dialogue for races and specializations, or if you really want to be elaborate, unique dialogue. It's your choice.
Pages: 1 2 3 4