Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: SHRC05A "Steadhelm Graveyard Crypt" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Claim Difficulty: Medium.

Creatures: 3.

Description.

Location: Near the Castle look at the screenshot (SilgradTowerLand).

You have to mod a crypt.
Make it creepy and interesting for the player, add a ghost or a few undead.
You'll find the pieces under Static>>ST>>crypt, e.g. StRwCryptEnd2.

For inspiration I attached a screenshot from the TES3 crypt (CS).

You'll need the Silgrad_Tower.esm v2.86 or a higher version.

Optional.

Modding a quest for the crypt.
Ooh... Creepy. Big Grin I didn't know Steadhelm had a graveyard (!), I'll be sure to check it out in TES3.

It's also the kind of claim I'd be really interested in if nobody else is :brew: (EDIT: a little bit later that is).
Can I claim the crypt only without claiming the graveyard?

Because in a funny coincidence I finalized the crypt in Reich Parkeep the other day without knowing about this thread. It's been on my to-do-list since forever. I modded it as a duplicate of the crypt in our Morrowind mod, and kept switching back and forth between the TES3 Construction Set and the TES4 one while I was working. I kept thinking of the crypt in Steadhelm, and how I wanted to recreate that one as well. Partly because I love working with the set, partly because unfortunately these two crypts are likely to be the only cases of the set being used. So if I can claim the crypt only then I would very much like to do it Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Can I claim the crypt only without claiming the graveyard?

Because in a funny coincidence I finalized the crypt in Reich Parkeep the other day without knowing about this thread. It's been on my to-do-list since forever. I modded it as a duplicate of the crypt in our Morrowind mod, and kept switching back and forth between the TES3 Construction Set and the TES4 one while I was working. I kept thinking of the crypt in Steadhelm, and how I wanted to recreate that one as well. Partly because I love working with the set, partly because unfortunately these two crypts are likely to be the only cases of the set being used. So if I can claim the crypt only then I would very much like to do it Smile
Have fun! Smile
The crypt should look like it did in TES3. Smile

Since I am still interested in modding these locations, would either of you mind if I added a quest after Razorwing finishes modding the interior? This is what I had in mind:

The gravekeeper disappeared a few days ago. The guards searched the graveyard and crypt a few nights after he went missing, but found nothing. Someone (probably the captain of the city guard) will ask the player to find him. The player will receive the gravekeeper's house key.

The player can choose to go into the crypt immediately, but the house holds some important clues. The gravekeeper kept a journal. The first few entries will look normal, but his most recent is interesting:

[blockquote]Fredas: Foggy day. I tripped on a broken urn while I was carrying a coffin down into the crypt. The coffin fell against the wall and broke, then I heard an echoing sound behind the bricks. The body was fine, but the echoes were strange because I don't know of any chambers behind that wall. I might have a closer look tonight.[/blockquote]
In the crypt, the player needs to keep an eye out for a broken urn and a broken coffin - a trigger torch opens a small hidden chamber behind the wall. There's the gravekeeper, hungry and weak but alive. There's a rich wooden coffin behind him.

He explains that he wanted to have a look around because he heard sounds coming from behind the wall. He tried to take the torch off the wall then the passage opened. He went inside then found the coffin (now behind him) and tried to open it because he was curious. When the lid wouldn't budge he turned around and saw a ghost, probably of the person who's inside the coffin. The ghost accused him of graverobbing, and said he'd spend eternity with the loot he stole. The secret passage closed and he was trapped.

He thanks the player with some gold for rescuing him then leaves. If the player wants, he/she can try to open the coffin but the ghost will appear and fight to guard the treasure. The coffin will only open when the ghost is dead (or dead again, whatever). Inside is some jewelery and some ordinary loot.

It's a small quest, but it should be fun to make.

(Can move to quest Dev)
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
It's a small quest, but it should be fun to make.
It's a nice quest. Smile
No objections from me either :goodjob:

Could you tell me a little about the new models you need? I've learnt the basics of animation lately so - no promises - I might be able to animate both the torch and secret entrance. How would you like the animation to behave? Similarly, any preferences as to how the broken coffin would look?
Howdy

The crypt quest idea sounds perfect, nice and simple yet fun !

The only difference I see in the crypt for es4 vs. es3 is the Dibella Knights didn't need to be inside, it looked good but it just wasn't necessary, look forward to seeing this

Enjoy
Bob
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
The only difference I see in the crypt for es4 vs. es3 is the Dibella Knights didn't need to be inside, it looked good but it just wasn't necessary, look forward to seeing this

There won't be any Dibella knights, no Smile We don't have the helmet in the Oblivion mod so it wouldn't be possible (nor do we have skeleton NPCs). It would be cool to see the helmet back again though, albeit not on skeletal guardians of the Steadhelm crypt.
Quote:Could you tell me a little about the new models you need? I've learnt the basics of animation lately so - no promises - I might be able to animate both the torch and secret entrance. How would you like the animation to behave? Similarly, any preferences as to how the broken coffin would look?
Thank you for your offer. Smile I drew some images:

The first image shows the broken coffin. It's based on St\Crypt\CryptCoffin03.nif. I put text in to show how is should look.

The secret door and the torch activator are both in the second screenshot. The doorway should act just like any other doorjamb mesh. The door can be a static object because I can script it to move. Together, they should look like any ordinary StRwCryptWall02.
The torch model be a torch and a torch ring in a single mesh. It should move as shown in the red box (which is also possible to do with scripting if you can't animate it).

The last image is of the ghost's coffin (see ST\Crypt\CryptCoffin01.nif). This one isn't as important as the other two, it really is just for show. If you don't want to do that one, I'll use the original mesh and recolour it.
Pages: 1 2