Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: SHC43 "The Bridge Inn" [Old discussion TheronNightStar]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I suppose since I was asked so nicely, I will claim this one. Cool
Have fun and thanks. Smile
Have to make a couple of zones for this one. I finished the floor plan for the first basement zone. Take a look. Comments would be appreciated. I'll include the esp in case you want to run around the empty place. Bring a torch though - no lights.

[Image: thumb_SHC43%20Basement%204.jpg]
Quote:Originally posted by TheronNightStar
Have to make a couple of zones for this one. I finished the floor plan for the first basement zone. Take a look. Comments would be appreciated. I'll include the esp in case you want to run around the empty place. Bring a torch though - no lights.

[Image: thumb_SHC43%20Basement%204.jpg]

The lay-out is fine.
Sorry I haven't been around much. I have problems keeping my mind on one thing for long periods of time. Anyways, I think I am gonna get back to finishing this.

I was curious though. I am thinking of doing dialogue that will change with fame, but i need to know realistic levels of famous-ness. Like would someone be known far and wide with a fame of 100, or would he simply be well known regionally? What are realistic numbers to be known locally, regionally, and far and wide? Any thoughts?

Edit: I got stuck in the guard loop - commit crime = hi,hi,hi,hi,hi,hi from guards. sandor, I remember you said something about the guards not working because they are imperial and you were going to were gonna make custom quests.

"5. Because they aren't Imperial (so the crime quest doesn't work), it's on my to do list to create a custom quest for the other races." (I looked it up to make sure)

If it helps, here is an esp that strips the "GetIsRace Imperial == 1.00" condition from all of the crime dialogue. Anyone who is a guard does it now. Of course they will all sound Imperial. Should fix the guard problem of not arresting you.

I am sure you know this, but there has to be a DoorNameRef.Lock in the result script window under the topic ServeSentence under Crime for every prison door in the game. I only added the one for Steadhelm. I'll leave it up to you to add the rest since I have absolutely no clue where all the prisons are. That is, if you decide to use it.

Edit 2: Ok, so i forgot to put the door.lock in both of the dial scripts - fixed it. The prison key existed, it just wasn't on the guard or associated with the prison door lock - fixed both of those. All is working as it should as far as I can tell.

Anyways, here:
Anyways, I think I am gonna get back to finishing this.
Great! Smile

I was curious though. I am thinking of doing dialogue that will change with fame, but I need to know realistic levels of famous-ness. Like would someone be known far and wide with a fame of 100, or would he simply be well known regionally?
The max. fame lies around >140 and is related to closing Oblivion gates and finishing Oblivion quests.

What are realistic numbers to be known locally, regionally, and far and wide? Any thoughts?
For Silgrad Tower or Oblivion?

"5. Because they aren't Imperial (so the crime quest doesn't work), it's on my to do list to create a custom quest for the other races." (I looked it up to make sure)

If it helps, here is an esp that strips the "GetIsRace Imperial == 1.00" condition from all of the crime dialogue. Anyone who is a guard does it now. Of course they will all sound Imperial. Should fix the guard problem of not arresting you.

I am sure you know this, but there has to be a DoorNameRef.Lock in the result script window under the topic ServeSentence under Crime for every prison door in the game. I only added the one for Steadhelm. I'll leave it up to you to add the rest since I have absolutely no clue where all the prisons are. That is, if you decide to use it.

Edit 2: Ok, so I forgot to put the door.lock in both of the dial scripts - fixed it. The prison key existed, it just wasn't on the guard or associated with the prison door lock - fixed both of those. All is working as it should as far as I can tell.

Anyways, here:
Thanks for posting the esp but I can't use it.
We decided to record all of the generic dialogue (including the crime dials) so it has to be in a separate quest.
The Crime quest has been disabled for ST NPC's (we don't want to use Oblivion generic dials).

The prison door will be fixed after creating the ST crime quest.
Quote:Originally posted by sandor

What are realistic numbers to be known locally, regionally, and far and wide? Any thoughts?
For both if there is a difference. Just something rough would work.

The Crime quest has been disabled for ST NPC's (we don't want to use Oblivion generic dials).
I noticed this. None of the NPCs I have made have the faction used to block it. Should I fix that? I didn't realize it existed until I dug into this and finally found the block (took a minute too).

For both if there is a difference. Just something rough would work.
I rechecked the PCfame etc.
To be known regionally etc. (in Oblivion), this is arranged through completing quests (and/or quest stages) which allow certain rumors or random conversations to appear (through the INFOGeneral topic).

The fame count increases the disposition and allows you to start certain quests. It also affects the usage of shrines.

To avoid problems we shouldn't use the PCFame count for spreading rumors about the PC within the ST land.

I noticed this. None of the NPCs I have made have the faction used to block it. Should I fix that?
Yes please.
TIA. Smile
An update please.

TIA. Smile
I've been putting this post off, but I won't do that to you anymore. I regret to say I am going to have to pass this back off to you. I really really wanted to finish this but I am unable to keep my concentration and focus on it. I keep jumping from one interest to another. F^#*ing Adult ADD. It really does piss me off sometimes. :bash:

Anyhow, here is the esp and what I have finished. I would like to work on a copy and if I somehow manage to finish before this is re-claimed, I would like to submit what I have. This is a far to ambitious and, well, awesome project for me to pull it down. It is unfair to the others that have put so much work in to it for me to drag my feet. Again, I apologize.

The way I was designing this was with the following ideas:

Main Floor:
There was a room for private meetings over food.

There was a long bench for non-private meetings and/or large parties. I was thinking of redoing that though.

Where do they normally cook food in all the other Inns and Taverns in Cyrodiil? So I built a small kitchen.

Basement:

Three rooms of differing sizes. Each is in their own zone so that I wouldn't bump up against face count limitations. The undivided empty floor alone was some insane amount already - 200,00+ if memory serves. Add furniture to each room and that's a recipe for disaster.

At the back of the floor there are six small room. The 3 on one side are small one-on-one private meeting rooms. The 3 on the other side was going to be storage rooms, 1 foodstuffs, 1 drinks, and 1 misc. (utensils and the like).

Behind that is the door to the staff's private quarters. I marked that area as a trespass area.

I got the keys for each of the rooms working, but didn't set a price in the scripts for them yet. The Innkeeper has them (imagine that Big Grin ). I wrote script that will cause the key to disappear from the PC's inventory after 24 hours. I did NOT add a check yet to the dialogue to see if the player already possessed a particular key to prevent re-renting the same room within those 24 hours.

I think that is about it. Again I apologize profusely. I would love to work on Silgrad again in the future when I can manage to bring myself back around to it. Maybe when I finish this video editing binge I am currently on. I really do feel horrible for this, but there it is.

Good luck and may this project get all the attention and recognition it so richly deserves.

Raymond F. (that's why RF)
Pages: 1 2