Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Prime

If I'm completely out of line here, my apologies in advance, but I cannot find anything relating to tech help for Silgrad: Morrowind anywhere..

Is there any way I can possibly get some kind of tech/bug help for the Morrowind plugin? I'm pretty desperate at this point - I'm on the verge of utterly removing Silgrad and kaiboshing my level 44 character of one year - and believe me, this is not something I readily plunge into at the first chance. ?(

If any kind of help is available, I'll go into further detail about the actual problems. If not, thanks anyway, and sorry if anything of this nature is looked down upon.

-Prime.
Hello Prime,

first and foremost a hearty welcome to Silgrad Tower.

:wave:

Just say what kind of problems you got and we'll be more than willing to try to help you as good as possible. I cannot promise that we'll have a solution for everything, but we won't let you - and your character - alone in this.

Greetings

Quentin

Prime

Thank you, Quentin.

First off, something I forgot to do in my former haste: I commend you all for the tremendous amount of work and dedication you've obviously put into this. Even though I'm having problems I can see that this took a lot of time - and the city of Silgrad Tower alone is enough to commend you for.

Now, as to the problems I'm having - well, there are two big ones. They are..

- Dialogue with various characters seems to be missing (?).
- Many doors are linked to nothing, or (in the case of doors in the exterior world) are simply 'swinging' doors that when activated physically open rather than teleport the character. This seems odd when the door is supposed to be to an interior cell and only opens up to a few feet of hillside or the empty 'guts' of a house..

It is worthwhile to note that the first problem is more of an estimation on my part than a problem. I say this because I can find no semblance to a main quest to embark upon even though I did stumble across (and buy) Durzog's Diary, and various people who should (?) be quest-givers are not (Master Areya, that inventor fellow in the puzzle-house who needed a handyman, etc..)

I've joined the Traders' Guild - however, after completing the first task involving the note delivery, I can receive no more quests. The quest-giving woman at the Silgrad Tower Branch told me she 'had no more quests for someone of my stature', or something to that effect, and directed me towards the Reich branch. However, the Rose fellow at that branch told me he had no quests for someone of my rank, and I should try at the ST branch instead..

I also get an irritating (but less important) bug at The Bank of Vvardenfell; namely, I can use all the banking options save for 'account status'. If I use 'account status', the script goes into some kind of an infinite loop (evidenced by thousands of error 'beeps') and my game proceeds to crash. I don't really find it necessary to use the bank anyhow, though, so this one isn't particularly dire.

Upon encountering these bugs, the first thought that jumped to my mind was a corrupted download. I have now downloaded the ST Plugin a total of three separate times, both from this site and Summit, and none of them seem to fix anything, leading me to believe that the problem is something else.

Of course, it could just be that I'm missing something terribly obvious in the game that should lead up to a main quest and I'm making a fool of myself. In that case, if you could just direct me to where I'm supposed to go, I shall humbly slink off and bother you no further.

In any case, thanks again for the kind welcome, help, great job on the game, and I'm very sorry for a very spammy post!

-Prime.
Prime: Thankyou for your kind words, and for taking the time to report the problems you experience in Silgrad Tower. If I may, I'd like to adress a couple of your concerns before yielding to Quentin Smile

It's true there's a lot of dialogue missing that perhaps should be there, which is something I also found puzzling when I played the mod for the first time about 1? year ago. There's several possible reasons for the missing dialogue, for instance language difficulties or not being confident in one's writing skills but also that creating any dialogue in Morrowind is one notch above putting together an interior in difficulty. As much as I love the TES III Construction Set, it had a very steep learning curve indeed. To top it off, the old "We'll do that later" policy might take some of the blame. But what's done is done and I cross my fingers we can do better in that department in the Oblivion mod. On the up side, the lines that are in TES IV seems to me like they're much more natural in regards to how people really speak, whereas TES III often lent itself to writing long, unnatural diatribes and speeches... and if someone isn't confident in their (english) writing skills but are able to speak it, yaay they can just get a mike and record their lines instead, I'd be happy to type that out into subtitles. Big Grin

Master Areya has two quests to give to the player, but he must be a member of House Redoran to get them. If a download is corrupted by as much as one byte you would get warning when you tried to open it, if it would open at all. So that's never the reason for these kinds of problems. And with that... I defer to Quentin for your other questions and notes. Smile