Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: New member!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! My name is Hjalmar Mill AkA Kissimurra and I'm a new member here at Silgrad Tower! Im glad to be able to contribute my work to The Elder Scrolls IV: Silgrad Tower!

What i mostly do is texturing of all sorts aswell as worldbuilding.

My latest work for Morrowind was my own mod "Ancient Bronze Armor" and I have also made some shields and armor for Qarls Underground II and a lot more stuff. Right now I'm a news reporter over at Oblivion Portal.com.

I would like to thank Razorwing for inviting me, and everyone else for making such an excellent modification!
Hello And Welcome. =)
I am a minor member of the team (call me HOSS), But I welcome you stilll. I have a made a few architectural contributions(Redoran Buildings) and I am currently working on a couple more in a different style. I love making models and having them used I don't know why I just do.

I have seen some of the work you mentioned above on the ESF , NICE!
You will make a fine addition to the team. :yes:

:goodjob: :banana: :banana: :bananarock: :bananarock: Big Grin :alert:
Hello Kissimurra,

a hearty welcome to Silgrad Tower.

:wave:

I agree with Hoss, your talents will be most needed and most appreciated (though I disagree strongly that he's a "minor member" for I believe that any contribution has its worth and value =) ... and he made some very fine "architectural contributions" :goodjob: ).

I hope you enjoy your time in Silgrad Tower. :cheers:

Greetings

Quentin
Welcome aboard Kissimurra, glad to have you with us! Big Grin

If you feel up to it, I could really use a texturer's hand on the stoneflower model. Personally I'm limited to what google image searches give me as far as textures go, and I didn't have much luck on that when I tried to texture that flower. A texture for the "bell" that make up the flower would be great, something dark-blue that doesn't look as bland as the one I used but doesn't look too far from the texture Bethesda used in TES III either would be right on the spot I think. A new texture for the stem would also be highly appreciated (something that tiles in all four directions). And a new leaf texture wouldn't hurt either Big Grin So basically, I think the flower could do with a complete retexture. Is that something you'd be willing to do?

Shots of the TES III stoneflower, for easy reference: #1 | #2

Shots of my WIP ephegy of this flower: #1 | #2 | #3
Thanks you for your welcoming words!

Yeah, I can texture the flower. Should I use a Normal map/ Parallax map instead of the bumpmap?
Quote:Originally posted by Kissimurra
Thanks you for your welcoming words!

Yeah, I can texture the flower. Should I use a Normal map/ Parallax map instead of the bumpmap?

Bitmap, bump and specular would be nice, but you can make displacement/parallax map too if you want. Afaik, the first three are the important ones though. I was confused about "parallax" maps for a long time, but what I think Bethesda is talking about (going by this interview) is that it's displacement mapping used in a new way... so my best guess is that if I set it up your texture as a displacement map I can change it to parallax ones the company releases the new Max exporter. I wager that the same exact file can be used both as a displacement map and later on as a parallax map. Perhaps you know more about this? Smile
Well, Parallax mapping is much like Normal mapping. The only difference is that in a parralax map you have an alpha channel with the height map included, and a displacment map. Smile

Oh and the flower is so small I dont think a normal map is necessary, a bumpmap will be just fine Wink

Oh, and just to make it clear: Im kinda new with all these maps like Normal/Parallax/Displace etc, but Im kinda good at it.
Alrighty I trust your judgement, and in case I should hit a snag I promise to read up on it so I can utilize those maps. Thanks for taking this on, I can't wait to see how they turn out :goodjob:
Sorry for the lack of updates from me. Sad

I have had tons of tests and projects in school the last two weeks and during the holiday I will be going away, I have also had a lot to do over att Oblivion Portal. Razorwing, it there's anything else you want me to texture, just email it to me and I will take care of it as soon as possible!

// Hjalmar Mill
Kk no rush.