Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Gathering essentials
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, I mentioned that I would try modding ST and that I would read more into it. I found some regional maps which are a great help. I also figured that having Silgrad_Tower.esm v 2.92 loaded will be helpful.

1. what is ST VWD Interiors v1.06.esp and why would I need it?
2. is there anything else I might need to begin this largest of quests?
3. with 2.92 esm will I be able to see where I initially enter ST from Oblivion? As it would be helpful in understanding where the hell I am Big Grin .

I guess that is it for now. Oh, and if anyone thinks that this is not the area to asks these questions please inform me of an alternate section. Thanks!
You only need it for interiors that contain trees.
For example Steadhelm23, if you don't load the file you won't see the trees.

Which quest?

No.
You'll enter the ST land in cell 38,21 of the Tamriel worldspace (WS).
It's in a separate esp (not released) because it alters the Tamriel WS.

I attached a screenshot from the CS.
The transition is near the green trigger zone.
Thanks Sandor. Sorry about the obscurity in #2. I was only meaning a quest in modding ST.

I replaced the silgrad_tower.esm with 2.92 but Oblivion crashes to desktop after the Bethesda logo. Any ideas?
Quote:Originally posted by Zurke

I replaced the silgrad_tower.esm with 2.92 but Oblivion crashes to desktop after the Bethesda logo. Any ideas?
Did you load the Silgrad_Tower_Travel.esp?
If so, uncheck it.
I unloaded 4 before I realized it might have been that one. It loads now thanks. I am going to check out the area. I still don't have all the houses and regions straight yet, as far as architecture.

One more question. I create an esp and submit it correct?
Quote:Originally posted by Zurke

One more question. I create an esp and submit it correct?
Yes.
Check the claims section for a suitable claim.

You'll find a lot of useful info on the FAQ board e.g. about interiors etc.
I am getting the feeling the 2.92 esm is not playable. As I see no road signs and the entrance does not appear to be where it was in the public version.

It just makes it a bit harder for me to understand where everything fits without actually seeing it in game. I also am used to testing my esp in game.
Sure it's playable. It's not as convenient as playing the 2.5 version, but on the other hand there's so much more stuff in the current version not to mention a wallop of bugfixes.

You can play with "Oblivion.esm + Silgrad Tower.esm + your work plugin.esp" just fine? I do that all the time when I'm playtesting. Just don't play with the travel esp. To get around, especially when playtesting, just use the coc command in the console to wind up near where you want to be.
Razorwig are you saying the entrance is the same in the source esm as it is in the public esm?

If so, I will have to look a bit harder, I thought I knew where it was.
What Our Esteemed Leader is saying is that ST is playable once you get there. The travel ESP is not compatible with the modding ESM, so to get there you have to use Console Magic. Smile In particular, the cow, coe and coc console commands are essential. For instance, the command:
cow SilgradTowerLand 60 18 takes you to Fishermen's Island, my WiP in Steadhelm Harbor. Since the road network is also a WiP, I'll edit this post to include other coordinates here to get you to other parts of ST. Don't get me wrong; you can get there from there once you're in ST, Smile but currently the ways are long and unmarked.

The coc command will be used with your interior ESPs 'cause they won't be connect to the exterior at first.

HTH,
Steve
Pages: 1 2 3