Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: CS crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

What am I suppose to open in CS? I was guessing the latest mod v2.92 esm and the ST VWD interiors esp. I have tried opening the esm with and without the interiors, with the same conclusion. error then Crash.

I get the following error when I open a region of soluthis. I did try all regions with similar effects and can only guess I will get more of the same when opening any exterior from ST.

"model load error: in ST/Lights/Kielanai/Dragon.nif
will use the default object marker_error.NIF"

I feel like I must be missing something when I load the esm but I am not sure.

I have heard of issue with SI. I am running shivering ilses but I only load what I previously stated. Any thoughts?
Hi there. Just like in debugging software, let's start at the beginning. BTW, if you like, you can MSN me; like you, I use the same ID on Hotmail as here. In fact, this goes on first and I'll edit it.

First, fire up the CS and get the version number; first go to Help and the About. The version must be 1.2.404 support the SI ESM.

If this version seems OK, then load just the Oblivion.esm file using the File -> Data... menu option; this will take a couple of minutes. If that loads fine, then return to File -> Data... and add Silgrad_Tower.esm to the list and then reload. You will never need that ESP in the CS; in fact, to prevent problems, you should only have one ESP maximum loaded in the CS at one time. If you don't list an ESP and make changes, the CS will let you create a new ESP upon saving.

Let us know how this goes,
Steve
Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
Hi all.

What am I suppose to open in CS? I was guessing the latest mod v2.92 esm and the ST VWD interiors esp. I have tried opening the esm with and without the interiors, with the same conclusion. error then Crash.
As SACarrow said the ST VWD interiors esp is only for playtesting (in-game) so it shouldn't be loaded into the CS.

"model load error: in ST/Lights/Kielanai/Dragon.nif
will use the default object marker_error.NIF"

I feel like I must be missing something when I load the esm but I am not sure.

I have heard of issue with SI. I am running shivering ilses but I only load what I previously stated. Any thoughts?
It indicates a missing Nif.
In this case it's ok because these assets are only available in the private version.

I have both versions (public/private) of the assets on my hard drive.

With the public assets enabled:
If I load the ST esm v2.92 there are no errors (non SI Oblivion esm).
If I load the ST esm v2.92 with the SI Oblivion esm there are no errors.

There's a problem with the Steadhelm landscape textures.
These have been updated (private version), if you try to check Steadhelm (exterior) in the CS it will crash. I'll send a fix via PM.

Soluthis is fine (no crash) except for some of the trees (purple).

If the CS crashes in Soluthis (exterior) or when you check an interior I would recommend to reinstall the data files.
Please check the file paths.

Make sure the folders (meshes/textures etc.) are in the Oblivion>>Data folder.
I have aquired a non SI OB.esm.

I open the CS and load only ST.esm2.92 and non_SI OB.esm.

I have the public update #6 installed.

I have the "special Soluthis package" installed (after update #6).

All interiors I have tried(7 or 8) seem fine.
SilgradTowerLand exteriors do not cause any issue.
I did try a couple of other exteriors without problem.
I still have NIF issues with everything I look at but I was told that is fine within the CS.

But the Soluthis1, 2 and 3 still crash. I am not sure if I am still missing a package.

edit: what version of cs should be used or does it matter?

edit: what version of cs should be used or does it matter?
Some info about the versions.

Please check your PM inbox.
Again thank you. Well I am glad that some of the issues seem to be things that I dont need anyway. I will be reading more into the tutorials and posted information.